Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

went to maaco today and got a quote, is this guy telling the truth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

went to maaco today and got a quote, is this guy telling the truth?

god i hate salesmen...

anyways, i went to maaco today and the guy went on a normal salesman speech about how hes giving me this awesome deal and how hes gonna give me the supreme paint for the presidential price and throw in free clear coat too and all that fun stuff...but anyways heres where my question comes in...

the guy tells me maaco makes people buy the value prep for insurance/waranty reasons and he tells me that my car will be sanded before it is painted...i read somewhere on this site before that all maaco does is run a rag over your car before they paint it, was this guy bullshiting me or do they really sand the cars before they paint them?

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

they have to scuff the paint in order to get the new one to stick. This does not mean they will sand it down to the bare metal, just pretty much scuff it. And maaco sparys everything! I mean all the moldings, everyt little nook and cranny outside the car. Hell even your muffler my get paint on it (not a good thing) So yeah that is most likely what he meant.

GL

X

Comment

okay good...hopefully the paint job will turn out decent, do you guys think $555 is a decent price for the second best paint job they have?

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

First off, they aren't going to sand the car. They are going to use a 3M redpad which just scuffs the paint. You don't need the car to be sanded down to the bare metal even for a color change.. it just has to be scuffed.

All Maaco is going to do is spray paint over the old paint. I highly doubt they'll even use a primer or anything for it. Thats what they're known for. Also I would take EVERYTHING off the car (chrome trim, tail lights, headlights, emblems, ect.) if you don't want over spray on it.

In my opionin, you'll be unsatisfied with the job. But then again it may be a decent job. I dunno, I spent almost $1000 alone on PAINT.. but if your paint job is bad enough, might as well give it a shot.
        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

We got our camaro painted at maaco . We sanded and primered it ourselfs as well as paid for a primer in our package. Low and behold the primer we put on it is whats under the metallic midnight blue paint. Also you can see where the primer is on all or the places where body pieces meet. its as if they cannot feather into a crack. about 3 inches from the bottom of the car they painted over dirt that was on the car. the paint job was 600ish dollars but i dont think id ever go back there.

Comment

If you are going to take a car to maaco it is highly suggested that you prime and prep the car before you go. Most people I spoke to about the maaco job tell me that they spray over stuff they shouldn't and etc. Thats why when i go i will mask off stuff anything i dont want them to paint myself.

Comment

Working...
            X