Good place to buy CF hoods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good place to buy CF hoods?

Where is a good CHEAP place to get QUALITY CF hoods? I am gonna purchase 3 of them at the same time.
    "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
    sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
    Did work for: jhoff_cb7
    Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Originally posted by JDMCB3Si
    Where is a good CHEAP place to get QUALITY CF hoods? I am gonna purchase 3 of them at the same time.
    damn, get me one....

VIS is the only company i know that makes quality cf hoods. might wanna check them out.... i plan on getting one some time...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
      damn, get me one....

VIS is the only company i know that makes quality cf hoods. might wanna check them out.... i plan on getting one some time...
      ive heard the opposite.. sometimes VIS is good.. sometimes its bad..

but ive heard nothing but good about seibon

Comment

As far as carbon fiber goes, I don't think you can get a really quality c/f hood without spending a little. It's one of those 'you get what you pay for' deals. But I don't have any experience with c/f hoods at all. I've read reviews that swear by VIS and others that claim Seibon is the only way to go. I saw a VIS hood at the junkyard on a 89 Prelude yesterday though. The prelude was completely untouched as far as collisions go, but there was some wicked damage on the hood at the inside corners. At the poorly made below diagram is an example of the prelude hood. Where the underscores are (_) is where the damage was. Some good cracking action going on.

l******l
        l******l
        _*****_
        *[_____]
        Last edited by Masamune; 07-10-2005, 08:32 PM.
        Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
        D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
        ┴─┴
        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Thanks for the good info!
          1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
          2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
          3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
          4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
          5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

anybody ever check out hoods from www.fiberimages.com i never seen one in person. not too many people around me have c/f hoods. most ones ive seen arnt worth a shit, and fit terrible.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
            cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

fiberimages was good back in the day when civilone got his.. which daniel now owns his car. recently, ive heard some bad about them but i'm also interested in getting a oem style cf hood and doing some work to it..

VIS isn't always perfect fit.. ask myself or steve.
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

I just recently purchased a Seibon factory-style hood, and so far I'm really impressed. Good fit. Good finish. Not sure what else you could really ask for in a hood. The place I got it from said that they usually order only VIS hoods, but discovered Seibon just recently, and have been ordering Seibon primarily. VIS right now has low stock and they seem to have trouble getting carbon fiber to make the hoods. Seibon had good stock when they ordered just recently. I'll post pics with updates to my site this week.
                Last edited by tommyhonda92; 07-11-2005, 03:17 AM.

Racecar spelled backwards is racecaR

My Ride

Comment

Carbon Creations.. hit up Yukio at www.infinitivedesigns.com and tell him bigbodylx from ToyotaNation sent you. He was gonna give me a deal on one but I went with ViS instead.

Comment

Working...
                  X