Window Molding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Molding

Hey, on my rear quarter panel my window molding came off on my rear window ( the shiny chrome that surrounds your window ). So it came off. What do u guys recommend using in order to put it back on? JB WELD?

our situation are different, you having that chrome molding, and mine having the rubber molding kinda thing on the roof, but its the same thing, same thing cuz they both came off,so what i did was i glued mine back on where it supposed to be..then supported it with a wire..cant really tell the difference..i made it all clean that nobody can tell that it was glued..d glue i used was gorilla glue..not really the specific glue for that use but i made it work anywaiz...looks like stock..but if ur not willing to take the risk of getting it all messy then try to go get the supply from a dealer and get it crackin...just a thought poped outa my head..hope it give u an idea on how to solve ur problem..hehe..
    "
    Fast and cheap won't be reliable
    Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
    And fast and reliable won't be cheap
    "
    ~EYCEE~

Comment

If you are talking about the rear windsheild then in order to put it back on with the OEM clips you will have to actually take the window out.

Do you have a coupe or sedan? The coupe side rear window trims are held in by screws and clips. The sedan one is held in by four screws. Either way i'd just screw it back in instead of JB welding it.

If you indeed do have a coupe then you will have to take the rear window out to access the screws for the window trim. Don't worry though it's only 4 screws that hold the window in. Two on the rear latch and two in the front when you open the door there will be two circle covers. Pop htem out and it will expose the two screws.

Hope this helps.

Member's Ride

Comment

taking the window out?.... damn that shit takes too long jb weld? haha or duramax or somethin that u jus squeeze on and push it in?

Comment

Which window is it, and do you have a sedan or coupe? If it's the window behind the door then it's really quick to do. Not even a 30 min. job. If its a sedan even less than that as you don't have to take any window out, just open th rear door and the screws are exposed.

Member's Ride

Comment

Working...
          X