Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone knows how to remove tint film from glass??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone knows how to remove tint film from glass??

As said above , i want to remove tint film from glass and possible replace. My tint had a bunch of air bubbles, creases and make that annoying crunching sound when I bring my windows down.....HELP!!??
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

heat gun works pretty well..and if there is any residue left on the glass after removing the tint, clean the glass using 3M glue/adhesive remover.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

amonia/soapy water mix and a razor blade works best. take your time and you'll be fine. use fine steel wool on the rear window, not a razor blade

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
      cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

really simple...pick up a corner of the tint and try to peel it away in one piece. the adhesive stays behind so spray lots of windex on it to cut into it. then take a single sided razor blade and start scraping. this works for the side glass but you can't use the razor on the rear windshield; i scrubbed with terry cloth. it can get messy so you should cover up the door panel and rear deck.

Comment

thanks guys, will do as soon as i get my car back...its in the shop....getting repainted after my DIY full body kit installation.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

on the rear window
            using a steamer, makes hot steam to soften the glue.
            or get an amoina cleaner, a black trash bag, and towl
            cover the rear tray w towel
            spray the window tint with amiona, then smooth the bag on the tinted side of the window, and let it sit in the direct sun for an hour, checking- spray more it to make sure its kept wet. this will help to soften the glue. it mostly a pain to do the rear- alot of scrubbing

91 ex 1badwag
            91 lx wag (aka the beater)
            92 ex 4-door
            HONDA...its not just a way of life...its an ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

as mentioned, peel off the tint...the adhesive will stay but use ammonia (concentrated window cleaner) and a razor blade...i think its a pain to do but it can be done...i even had my windows out when i did it but it isnt necessary
              Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
              Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

I use straight Ammonia in a spray bottle...

and the razor option after it soaks for a few minutes... do it where there is VENTILATION....

and yeah... BE CAREFUL with rear window!
                94 Cobra down for aluminum headed 306 swap (no VTEC)
                03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege K&N air filter 15.5's

Comment

when i got my tint done, there was another car gettin old tint off and new on, they heated it with a heat gun or u could prolly use a hari dryer, then get the edge and peel and u can also use a razor blade but be careful on the rear window cause of your defrost. if there is anything left over then you can prolly use goo-b-gone on it, that removes sticky crap good

Check Out My Car

Comment

make it easy take it to a tint shop let them do it they usually charge like 5$ a window any it won't take them 5 hours like it will you trying to do it at home
                    po crackers need speed too!

Comment

thats a good point, but hey, if its a 4dr then thats 25 bucks, do it yourself of take it to the "professionals", just make sure either way that its done right

Check Out My Car

Comment

Working...
                      X