Seat swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat swap questions

Hey everyone. I was at my local pick and pull yesterday and I found two CB's. Both are fairly put together still. However there is a sedan there with a maroon interior. I've always been a fan of that color in a CB and this might be a stupid question because I know it's logical it would work. But. Could I use the front and rear seats in my coupe? I know the carpet won't work and it's obvious the door cards won't. But. Later on I'll find a coupe with maroon interior for the carpet and door cards. I assume I could just pull the seats and when I get home I can just switch the rails from the coupe to the sedan seats because the sedan had manual belts and my coupe had automatic. I assume this will go no problem? And the rear seats are the exact same? Thank you guys.
    Originally posted by cb9love
    when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

The rear seats are very different between a sedan and a coupe. You'll see this if you compare them side-by-side. Also, sedan seats will not fold forward far enough to allow access to the rear seat if installed in a coupe.

Honestly, there are enough people out there that feel the exact opposite to you in regard to their feelings on maroon interior that your best bet would be to find someone else with a '90-'91 coupe that had maroon and just swap interiors. There are some differences between trim levels as well but nothing deal-shattering. Just keep in mind that the gray trim pieces such as the pillars, headliner, visors and grab handles are all tinted to match the dominant color of the interior, too. To do it right, everything needs to be swapped.

Good luck.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Keep checking craigslist for someone parting out the car and ask if you could take it all for around $100. Friend of mine did it with a Lexus SC300 so I am sure you will be able to do that with an Accord. I am looking to do the same thing for one with a grey interior.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        The rear seats are very different between a sedan and a coupe. You'll see this if you compare them side-by-side. Also, sedan seats will not fold forward far enough to allow access to the rear seat if installed in a coupe.

Honestly, there are enough people out there that feel the exact opposite to you in regard to their feelings on maroon interior that your best bet would be to find someone else with a '90-'91 coupe that had maroon and just swap interiors. There are some differences between trim levels as well but nothing deal-shattering. Just keep in mind that the gray trim pieces such as the pillars, headliner, visors and grab handles are all tinted to match the dominant color of the interior, too. To do it right, everything needs to be swapped.

Good luck.
        Pretty sad people don't like the maroon. But I can see why. It's just well. Cheap ish looking. Like older american cars. When I was little it always reminded me of a murder scene I saw on a TV show.

It's too bad the rears won't fit because I could care less about the front seats folding forward enough seeing as how I barely have more than one person in my car. And I wouldn't care if someone had to struggle a bit to get in.

Let me tell you though, the interior of this car at the yard looks factory new. Both CB's there have REALLY clean interiors I was a bit disappointed seeing them both there because both are very clean still have the motors in and everything. Also there was someone else there that was pulling one apart took the headlights and the grill. However the grill seemed a bit different than the regular one. It was still chrome. I don't know much about these cars obviously but I really wish I paid more attention to the car because I would've taken that grill. I guess when I go back this week I'll take a better look at both. Also the coupe had OEM rain guards! Some a-hole decided to bash them with a screwdriver judging by the marks. (People around here have ZERO respect there. Throwing things, breaking all the glass, taking heads leaving blocks to die with hoods open ect. )

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
        Keep checking craigslist for someone parting out the car and ask if you could take it all for around $100. Friend of mine did it with a Lexus SC300 so I am sure you will be able to do that with an Accord. I am looking to do the same thing for one with a grey interior.

I'll keep this in mind.
        Originally posted by cb9love
        when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

Working...
        X