Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good h.i.d kit source

Anyone know of a good his kit source?

Like a retrofit kit for projector housings? Morimoto?
    http://www.morimotohid.com/

Comment

Ebay. $35 kits. When they fail, just buy another one.
      And yes, Morimoto for the projectors to do it right. HIDs in halogen housings are about as ricer as Terminator wings and stick-on chrome fender vents.

Comment

Morimoto has great products. Also go to retrosolutionsllc.com they have great products to. I use their economy kit and it gives me at least 2 years service life, sometimes more.

www.retrofitsource.com is a good place to buy morimoto.

And ddm is another brand that's cheap, I have had bad experiences with them. But if you want cheap, then go with them.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I recently tried VVMEs for my 6" Hella lights and they are built like a tank, you can search and find plenty of videos comparing their ballasts to others like DDM.

Comment

I would say DDM but the fact you have to wait like 3 weeks for them to ship is a deal breaker.
            wat?

Comment

I also would have said DDM, BUT my last 2 sets I've got from them haven't been the same quality that they use to known for. I will no longer use them. There is a good HID store that is local that sells awesome quality ones I will now take my business too.
              Good luck on finding somewhere
              Last edited by lilb_1979; 08-17-2013, 10:03 AM.
              Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
              CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
              Coupe MRT

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                Like a retrofit kit for projector housings? Morimoto?
                http://www.morimotohid.com/
                Bingo.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Another vouch www.theretrofitsource.com and Morimoto products, you'll pay the price but you can't argue the quality. I've purchased 3k and 5k kits from DDM and both were cheaply made and off-color. The 3k came out like a yellowish green and 5k slightly blue when it's supposed to be completely white.

Comment

Originally posted by KanYarK View Post
                    Another vouch www.theretrofitsource.com and Morimoto products, you'll pay the price but you can't argue the quality. I've purchased 3k and 5k kits from DDM and both were cheaply made and off-color. The 3k came out like a yellowish green and 5k slightly blue when it's supposed to be completely white.
                    buy the retrofit kit from here.

buy the hid kit from here: xtremeHIDS.com

got kits from BOTH sites. loved the products. got an HID kit from the site above and NEVER had an issue. never needed to replace a ballast or bulb. even after 4yrs.

Comment

Man, I still remember the days when an HID kit was like $500... and projector retrofits weren't even considered!

Comment

I think this is one of the things in my future as our light output sucks. And the older I get, Past 40 the harder it is for me to see at night.
                        I will get 2 new headlights from Rockauto about $95 and the morimoto H1 kit, with the mini gatlin shroud $280. If you wait till around november black friday and subscribe to their email(retrofitsource) Last year they offered a 20% discount. Why didn't I do that? Who the hell knows.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Man, I still remember the days when an HID kit was like $500... and projector retrofits weren't even considered!
                          lmao. i know man. i just got some HID-like bulbs off ebay and was happy. haha. one of the guys i used to work with got one from here in town. i asked him how much he paid and he said $250. i was like "dude. i got both mine and my wifes for $90 shipped....." he got mad at the shop. lol.

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                          I think this is one of the things in my future as our light output sucks. And the older I get, Past 40 the harder it is for me to see at night.
                          I will get 2 new headlights from Rockauto about $95 and the morimoto H1 kit, with the mini gatlin shroud $280. If you wait till around november black friday and subscribe to their email(retrofitsource) Last year they offered a 20% discount. Why didn't I do that? Who the hell knows.

steve
                          haha. no need for new headlights unless yours are really bad.

Comment

The only reason to get new headlights is to do a retrofit with no downtime. Or if you're anal like me, and you hate to modify original parts!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              The only reason to get new headlights is to do a retrofit with no downtime. Or if you're anal like me, and you hate to modify original parts!

Deeve hit it No Downtime. That is important if your car is your DD.

And some of the HID bulbs run $90 a piece at retorfitsource,maybe its a pair? anyway they are expensive. They are osram or phillips something like that. They are a lot more than the standard bulbs which hikes up the cost of the kit. All this shit I do to my car takes time. Time is money. You pay for it on the front end or labor on the back end doing it again.

steve
                              Last edited by Stoner51; 08-18-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X