Carbon Fiber HOOD Fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Fiber HOOD Fitment

So I got ahold of a ViS CF hood. I noticed every one else with CF hoods usually has the hinges raised or the hood pins installed. I never seen an oem fitment on either civic or accords. So just wondering guys is it normal? Any thing I should do about it?

Mine is installed and is flush and its not a ViS CF Hood but its OEM Style, I Had to drill the holes for the Washer Nozzles and has a Hood Latch.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Why capitalize "HOOD"?

I have a Fiber Images OEM style hood. The only fitment issue was that the loop that the latch attached to was too thick. I just modified the latch, and filed down the loop a little. Any quality brand hood should be able to be installed properly with little to no modification.

Comment

mines not vis but it has a latch and fits great. i had to adjust my hood latch and rubber stoppers over my headlights to make it fit alot better once i got it, but thats what the adjustments are there for. i havent heard any fitment complaints from any makers other than for trunks. vis's cb7 cf trunks are majority effed up on the driver side.
        Last edited by xkjnboix; 02-01-2013, 09:40 PM.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I did not mean to capitalize hood, guess I held the shift key.

It is a ViS and I guess its real, has a vin tag and product number molded to the hood. :/ I dont know guys I guess I need to remove some of the rubber thats on the edges of the engine bay?

I took it off, Im sure If I had hood pins it would sit flush with the fenders. Ill see whats going on with it later for now the OE went back on.
          Last edited by 8ball; 02-01-2013, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Try Adjusting the hood or may be a factory defect, from what I hear ViS Carbon Fiber hoods are made well.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

If you bought it new, you could see if it's under warranty if there's a defect. ViS is one of those big companies that SHOULD stand behind their product.

Comment

Im going to call ViS in Cali tomorrow and ask if maybe the batch I have is defective.. I mean I have not removed any rubber parts nor have I attempted to play with the hood latch or hinges or even given alot of thought to venting the hood and putting hood pin/latches on it.

The hood does full close and engage that hood latch with the hood bolted to the hinges. Just wierd that there is a 1 inch gap where the hood sits higher than the fender.

Comment

Mine did that. You just have to adjust the screws in the hinges. The adjustment seems minimal, but the effects are considerable.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    If you bought it new, you could see if it's under warranty if there's a defect. ViS is one of those big companies that SHOULD stand behind their product.
                    come on man; NEW?... seriously? deev has a book of jokes!

Its used Im looking at the mods other people do to them I may do them as well, and like I said I didn't even bother messing with any adjustments or nothing, I just bolted it on closed the hood and drove it home, unbolted it and threw the oe one right back on.

I will say this I paid VERY little for it, and it does have major scratches but I mean its not easy to break carbon fiber this thing has no breaks in it as far as I can tell they all look like big cracks in the clear coat because the underside has not a single crack. Freaking steal is all I can say I paid.
                    Last edited by 8ball; 02-01-2013, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I got mine used as well. Traded a partial nitrous kit for it. Faded to shit real quick, sadly.

Comment

I paid about what a used tire is worth !

That sucks man I dont want to caress the hood with sand paper and get it looking really good only to have it fade again. :/ Right now its just another part thats not installed that I have sitting around with all the other stuff :/

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Yeah, I got mine used as well. Traded a partial nitrous kit for it. Faded to shit real quick, sadly.
                          wait what exactly did you move around? Where the hinge contacts the hood or where the hinge contacts the enginebay/fender/cowl area

Comment

Depending on what it's coated with, it may not polish up very well. Some hoods are clear-coated. Some are gel-coated. The gel coat is hard to refinish, I've heard. I'm not sure what ViS uses, but calling them would answer that quickly!

Comment

Im sure its gel cause a big chunk of clear is chipped off and its super thick stuff!

But I will be calling them with a list of question I hope they dont get mad lol.

Again what exactly did you mess with? the bolts that hinge the body of the car or the bolts that hinge on the hood to the car? KNowing that would help.

And yes I know its going to be a royal pain to get it looking right, If hoods could rap this hood would karaoke this song... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbouTdwOrVw
                              Last edited by 8ball; 02-01-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X