would 1990 dx bumper fit 1990 ex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would 1990 dx bumper fit 1990 ex?

I want to replace my front bumper but it tells me that its not compatible with my ex. I wanted to make sure if there was no difference.
    here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bumper-C...50cf5b&vxp=mtr

It's likely because it's textured like an OEM bumper and that's supposed to be its final finish. Just get one that's designed to be painted. Unless you want the black bumper look.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

well my car is black and the current bumper's paint fell off completely i dont know how but it did. And i was looking for a decent replacement that i can afford. i found this one and it says primered so does that mean its designed to get painted? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bumper-C...aafbe5&vxp=mtr

Comment

If its primered it is designed to be painted.
        92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
        2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

since you are talking "fit", then yes it will...i have 91 dx bumpers on my 91 lx.
          1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
          2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

ok just making sure. I'm planning on buying the raw bumper but it says that its only for dx. i dont want to buy it and then not fit my ex. Im sorry for asking, but is anyone 100% sure that it will fit?

Comment

Why would it not fit? It's the exact same size and design as any other 90-91 CB bumper, other than the fact DX bumpers come unpainted.

The cars do not magically change size and shape between trims.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                Why would it not fit? It's the exact same size and design as any other 90-91 CB bumper, other than the fact DX bumpers come unpainted.

im just going by what it says on their site. It said not compatible when i entered my car trim. but you just answered my question. THANK YOU

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post

what about wagons?

Comment

The wagon bumpers are a bit different (larger beam, cover protrudes forward a little more), but can be swapped as an assembly (I have a sedan bumper on my wagon).
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                      what about wagons?
                      Fronts are interchangable, as posted above, you need to swap the support too, but overall, it will fit.

The only bumper that is model specific is the wagon rear bumper, obviously.

Sedan/wagon doors are the same. Coupe doors, obviously specific.

Hoods, fenders, all the same.

There is a compatible parts list somewhere on the forum.

The majority of parts are all interchangable in some way or another over the span of the model cycle.

Comment

Why would you replace the bumper? Just sand it and paint it. That aftermarket bumper will never fit as well as the OEM one you have now.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Could be damaged.

Comment

Working...
                          X