Re-paint Opal Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-paint Opal Green

so im going to repaint my car because the guy who had it before me totally f'ed up the rear quarters. im planning on going to napa or a similar place to get my color matched, but my question is, what should i use for my basecoat? ive painted only one car in my life, and that was with access to a paint booth and legit paint and a spray gun. i will be rattlecanning the car because im a little strapped for cash. any insight would be great.
    Last edited by 1993 CB7 LX; 09-25-2012, 06:48 PM.

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

your best bet it to save up and get a legit paint job. the end result will be worth it. you dont want to be unhappy with a cheap paint job and end up having to redo it agian

Comment

i know, i just cant justify a legit paint job right now. in the future, yes. also edited original post to ask what basecoat i should use. not clearcoat lol

Comment

it depends on the brand of basecoat you go with. how about doing the body work and taking it to macco

Comment

if you cant afford maaco, i suggest leave your car as it is
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I just saw a commercial for $299 maaco paint job. It will be hard to beat that price.
            and you prob won't get the same results.

steve

Comment

if i were to take it to maaco, about how long would it take and would they be able to get my oem color?

Comment

haha macco, don't even bother if you are considering macco. It would look better if you rattle canned it.

Don't rattle can it, it'll look like shit. Your best bet is to save your pennies for a legit paint job
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

No Macco won't match your OEM color. Might be close, but not the same and probably won't have the metalic flake in it. The color has a code which is on the door jam. But if you want the same paint as from the factory, you're gonna pay more money.

My swap thread
                  Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Working...
                  X