Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will dry ice remove dents from hail damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will dry ice remove dents from hail damage?

I recently had to buy a new hood because my old one had really deep scratches in it and didn't look too well. The new hood I got has hail damage and I was wondering if dry ice would remove them. The damage isn't too bad, but it is noticeable.
    Thanks!
    cb7sk8rdude

Wtf? i dont think so...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

no..some bodyman on youtube tried that experiment, extreme cold then extreme heat to pop them out.. it didnt work.. I did see this new tool though a while back where they use this wand with an induction coil at the end. It makes the panel heat up really fast in a little area and the dents pop out with no paint damage.. But hey the hail dents might be shallow enough to try using the dry ice method have your self a heat gun ready to go so you can heat the back side as soon as you take the dry ice away.. or you could just use some body filler like everyone else lol, theres a good episode of trucks where he's fixing hail damage on the hood of that ranger "rolling thunder", theyre using some new type of plastic filler, but you could always use tigerhair and skim with bondo (dont use all bondo for the repair unless theyre really shallow, itll pop off or crack after a while)

Comment

I got a dent out of my cr-v with a lighter and a can of compressed air. Taped foil over the dent and heated it up for a minute or so... Till it was too hot to touch, then sprayed the compresses air under the foil and it popped out. But where it was a plunger would of probably done the same thing

Comment

the dry ice trick wont work on small dents like shopping cart nicks, hail nicks, key lines, ANYTHING small and on metal of course. if a basket ball hit your rear 1/4 pallen and left a butt print sized dent then yes, dry ice will take that out.

our cars are made of metal, not plastic like a saturn which only has metal on the roof and hood lol.
          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Haha alright. So do you guys know of a good way to get out hail dents?
            cb7sk8rdude

Comment

if you know its going to hail go park in a gas station car wash. otherwise insurance claim and professional body work.

u can try magic eraser but i dont think itll work =P
              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Repaint your old, undented hood? Several companies offer color matched spray paint.

Comment

Working...
                X