i wanna paint my steelies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wanna paint my steelies

as the title says, i wanna paint my stock steelies. i've only seen this done to other cars like EGs, but haven't seen this done on a cb. if anyone has any pics post up please and also, what's the best paint if i wanna rattle can them? i know powdercoat would be the best way to go but i don't have the cash for that right now so how can i get the best results on a budget?
    We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
    Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

I would say get the spray can they have in autozone or any autoshop.dupli-color i think its called.they have some specialy for rims.

Comment

Leave them black and rock hubcaps.

Are you planing on painting them some off the wall color or something?

The only painted steelies I thought looked good were some 13" painted white with white center caps with red H's on a slammed EF.
      Last edited by Raceboy; 04-08-2011, 01:12 AM.
      CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

It's been done.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
        I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
          It's been done.

Steelies should always be black in my honest opinion.

For example this particular CB with the orange steelies screams "HEY LOOK IM ROCKING STEELIES!" It draws attention to the 40 holes In the rim and the fact that the weights are painted orange as well.

I seen a guy the other day that had bright red steelies. I understand that red rims are the hot sh!t right now but red "steelies"? No.

But hey to each their own.
          CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

I don't want anything too off the wall, like no red, and definitely not orange. I've got a few small rust spots on mine and wanna repaint them black, or a wrinkled black. and i hate the way my hubcaps look.

My For Sale Thread
            Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

^ That's hot.
                Steelies are just rims. I don't think they should be dismissed just "because they're steelies"

If they look good, they look good.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Just wait and get EXR wheels, or lude wheels. That guy with the orange steelies spent $10 on primer, $10 on paint, and $5 on masking and stuff.

If you check kijiji or craigslist you can probably get some nice alloys for $200-$300. And they won't look like trash.

Unless they are widened steelies. My friend with an MK3 has 16x9 steelies. I wasn't sure at first but the look baller and should be painted properly to match.

But, if your doing this for winter, painted hubcaps are the way to go. Heres mine.

Comment

I say matte black or gunmetal.

Comment

i love the blue steelies with the whitewalls. i'd like to do that maybe in the future. i really like the look of the stock rims and widened ones would be awesome. but i'm leaning more towards repainting the faces a black and spraying the lip a different color.

btw, anymore pics of the white accord on whitewalls? preferably close ups of the wheels.

My For Sale Thread
                      Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

Originally posted by dbales View Post
                        btw, anymore pics of the white accord on whitewalls? preferably close ups of the wheels.
                        It's a friend's car. He just put them on yesterday, so no more pics of them on the car yet.

But, here's a close up of the wheels:

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                          thought this was the one I see at ia every year.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Probably is. The exterior has stayed 95% the same over the last few years. Only things that's changed on the outside is a fresh coat of paint and various wheels.

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Those blue ones are sick!!! And Dobermann's hubcaps are sweet too.

There's a white '89 Civic sedan around the corner fromme rockin bright pink steelies. It's a girl's car, and it actually looks kinda cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X