Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the last maaco/earl schieb/one day paint thread... (a cheap/low end paint place FAQ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome i just found a macco near me, and my paint is soooo faded and just junk. i thought i would have my quarters fixed and then drive down and get it painted.

do they make you remove yout headlights, tailights, washer sprayers,and that junk. plus it is about an hour drive from where i am so the car will be dirty when i get there. how can i clean it while i am there so the paint job wont be really messed up. i am going to do the cheapest job they have in a darker blue than the car is now so that it will blend real easy i hope. any thoughts on this? and when they do a shitty job how shitty is it? can it look any worse than it does right now(it looks like absolute ass, even my car club started making fun of me)

damn i love this site!!!!!!! Where can i get the tshirt and sticker? thanks all.
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

Originally posted by DjSpeedy
      do they make you remove yout headlights, tailights, washer sprayers,and that junk. plus it is about an hour drive from where i am so the car will be dirty when i get there. how can i clean it while i am there so the paint job wont be really messed up. i am going to do the cheapest job they have in a darker blue than the car is now so that it will blend real easy i hope. any thoughts on this? and when they do a shitty job how shitty is it? can it look any worse than it does right now(it looks like absolute ass, even my car club started making fun of me)
      it would be much better to go to this local paint shop, and ask them these questions, don't you think? what happened to the days when people actually talked to each other in person?

damn i love this site!!!!!!! Where can i get the tshirt and sticker? thanks all.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=444

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Okay everyone, I need help! I jus prepped my cb7. i took out dents wit bondo and everything else. all i have to do is wet sand the primer smooth. Now, since this is my first car, and definately not my last, I was planning to go to Maaco. Now, I was hoping for an acceptable job, more so than exceptional. I was gonna go with the $400 paint job - im guesin that might be the presidential deal? But yea, i was wondering you guys' thoughts on it. I wanted jus kinda of an Si blue shade of blue, but i dont necessarily need the metallic or pearl that the factory racing blue paint has. Is this $400 deal adequate? Please input with your opinions. I simply believe in getting a satisfactory paint job that will compromise for the Bergundy color I had, with two black bumpers :x. and still be able to catch some eye attention. not necessarily a whole lotta attention, but enough for ppl to like my car a lil better than now. Thanks.
        "From the ground up"
        (Linked)

Comment

if your maaco is like mine then when you first see my car you will be amazed with how good it looks and really happy...but be careful, the paint is CHEAP...a bird shit on my car and i didnt have a chance to clean it off for about 5 hours and it left a permanent mark on my maaco paint...

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
            if your maaco is like mine then when you first see my car you will be amazed with how good it looks and really happy...but be careful, the paint is CHEAP...a bird shit on my car and i didnt have a chance to clean it off for about 5 hours and it left a permanent mark on my maaco paint...
            werd, if you have access to a garage for about a week, id suggest just leaving it in there instead of risking the chance for bird poop, tar, tree sap and other stuff to damage the paint.

id also wouldnt go with black either, black is hard a hard paint to have it flawless. white like mine or some other colors are better.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

agda

Thanks guys! My car is now in the shop.im waiting for my Captiva BLue (562P) paint job. 3 integrated coats of polyurethane cataylst and clear coat. Door jams as well, and Primer sealer (3 coats). 800$ after it all said n done. was that too much?
              "From the ground up"
              (Linked)

Comment

what is the benifit of painting door jams? sorry if this is a stupid question...i just dont know

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
                  what is the benifit of painting door jams? sorry if this is a stupid question...i just dont know
                  asthetics really . . . it doesnt look as good when the doors are open . . .
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Weell, my car was painted back in July by a local shop for $434.00 including dent
                    removal on hood and fender and it turned out exceptionally good.(car no longer looks like that because it was damaged in Hurricane Wilma, hence , I had some dents,dings removed, replaced trunk lid, so there is primer in different spots but the unaffected areas still shines like a mutha) Enjoy!

1993 Accord LX - Sold
                    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Got mine done several months back at a DFW local earl sheib and im VERY happy with it. 2003 Viper blue much better than what I had before *coughs* ppl were always talkin bout how crappy my car looked but with the paint job everybody thought it looked like a completely different car. The next door neighbor even called to ask If I had gotten a different car!!! So far no chips, kept it away from dangerous areas (ie bird/tree gunk) for first few weeks and even if I get a bird splat now it comes off fine. I first went to a maaco for a quote and basically the guy wasn't gonna let me out of there without the $400 or better job, said it wouldnt look shiny like I wanted it too. The E.S. I went to said that they put more prep time into their lower end jobs because they get better referals. I had ppl telling me that E.S. jobs sucked and a lot of times they may but this location had some ppl I felt I could trust. I got their lowest job plus stage two paint (normally $45 more gave me the upgrade for $25) which with tax came out to $277 and for that price I couldn't be happier. Ppl even ask if I have clear on there. Which I don't (unless they put some one there but doesn't look like it to me). Look at the pics in my sig mine is the blue (obviously) 4rth from the right.
                      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I recently bought a black 4dr cb7 and the paint is in shitty condition. Chipping badly on the bumpers and faded on the roof and trunk. Do you think it would be easier to have it repainted black, or get it painted blue like I want. Also, when painting it a different color than stock, what all should I also get painted, door jam, under hood, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mach_me
                          I recently bought a black 4dr cb7 and the paint is in shitty condition. Chipping badly on the bumpers and faded on the roof and trunk. Do you think it would be easier to have it repainted black, or get it painted blue like I want. Also, when painting it a different color than stock, what all should I also get painted, door jam, under hood, etc.
                          bad paint places=not as good chance a black will come out,

the one cb7 i witnessed showed a lot of the orange peel and contamination and the guy was picking at it

id go for the blue that you'd like.

as for painting the other locations...all up to your wallet.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

All the other spots should be painted to match the rest of the car thought, right? So that i dont have a blue car, with black jams and under hood

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              bad paint places=not as good chance a black will come out,

the one cb7 i witnessed showed a lot of the orange peel and contamination and the guy was picking at it

id go for the blue that you'd like.

as for painting the other locations...all up to your wallet.
                              A guy I work with had his cb7 re-painted black about two years ago at a maaco but he got a better $500 paint job and it still looks absolutly perfect. Albeit he washes and waxes often.
                              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Well, I took the car to Maaco today. The bumpers had paint chipping off horribly and the roof and trunk were faded so bad there was no clear coat left. I guess I should say thanks to the previous owner for his excellent care for the car. But they are going to completely sand down the car and primer the entire thing and put a fresh black paint job with the mixed in clear coat. It will take a few days, so I cant wait to get it back. Ill post some pics of how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                                X