Hood bra maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hood bra maintenance

Does anyone have any insight on proper maintenance of the OEM hood bra and possibly some dos and don'ts on usage? I just want to make sure that both my CB and my hood bra have a long a happy life together

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

I just wrote this quick DIY:

Hood Bra Maintenance

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Also, make sure to never wax your car then put the bra on. Always leave that part where the bra goes on un-waxed or it will start to fade and chip clear coat. Also, if you have excessive heat in the summer, always good to take it off and clean a it and polish your hood every once in a while. Same with winter/rain. Don't leave the bra on if you car is store outside it will grow mod very quickly, and also ruin your clear coat.
      "I'm NOT drunk, I'm avoiding Potholes".

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174029
      Check out the whip^

Comment

Originally posted by SaiSofine View Post
        Also, make sure to never wax your car then put the bra on. Always leave that part where the bra goes on un-waxed or it will start to fade and chip clear coat. Also, if you have excessive heat in the summer, always good to take it off and clean a it and polish your hood every once in a while. Same with winter/rain. Don't leave the bra on if you car is store outside it will grow mod very quickly, and also ruin your clear coat.
        Why would you leave it unwaxed? The instructions for the OEM piece says to wax prior to application. The relatively coarse material under the mask will eventually chafe and wear the paint.

The sunburning will be inevitable, even over short durations of time.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
          Why would you leave it unwaxed? The instructions for the OEM piece says to wax prior to application. The relatively coarse material under the mask will eventually chafe and wear the paint.

The sunburning will be inevitable, even over short durations of time.
          True, it does say that. But, there are chemicals in wax that need to breathe. Vinyl is not a breathable material. So, when you put your bra on over wax it will try to breathe and instead of breathing out, it will do the reverse effect and breathe inward toward your paint and start to lift clear coat and chip clear coat over time. Ive had personal experience in the issue.
          "I'm NOT drunk, I'm avoiding Potholes".

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174029
          Check out the whip^

Comment

OEM directions

Comment

Working...
            X