Canards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canards

Anybody know a business that sells them new? Whether it be the universal fit or custom? I have looked on eBay, but they only sell a silver carbon fiber (carbon fiber, ANY amount of carbon fiber used on a car in South Australia is illegal), so I was either looking for a black carbon fiber or just a plain black polyurethane or something.

What about painting the carbon ones? The only thing i've seen so far were the CF ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
      What about painting the carbon ones? The only thing i've seen so far were the CF ones.
      You do raise a good point. I could paint the silver carbon fibers ones straight black. It's a hassle, but worth it. Cheers mate!

Comment

What are canards? And what do they do? (I do feel dumb for asking but I want to know!)
        The CB7 Collector.
        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
        92 LX Coupe F22A1
        2013 Toyota Corolla S
        92 EX Sedan F22A1
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by YOanthony View Post
          ANY amount of carbon fiber used on a car in South Australia is illegal), so I was looking for a black carbon fiber
          Huh?
          ANY carbon fiber is illegal, yet you are looking for a black carbon fiber one?

I remember a while ago now, HOT4's had a DIY canards article, try checking their website.

Otherwise you always do some DIY aluminium ones.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

why on earth is carbon fiber illegal there?

oh, and happy, canards are little winglets people put on their front bumpers to make it look more agressive and think that they help with front end downforce when they really only add drag. here is a picture with some canards:

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
              why on earth is carbon fiber illegal there?

oh, and happy, canards are little winglets people put on their front bumpers to make it look more agressive and think that they help with front end downforce when they really only add drag. here is a picture with some canards:
              Ah ok so they are pretty much useless on a car then? Alright now I know thanks Jay!
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

they do help when properly adjusted to the car's aerodynamics, otherwise yea they just look cool and add drag.

how the hell is CF illegal in Australia? how would you get it in then? and if you do you could just paint them
                Originally posted by scudweiser
                it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by lordoja View Post
                  they do help when properly adjusted to the car's aerodynamics, otherwise yea they just look cool and add drag.

how the hell is CF illegal in Australia? how would you get it in then? and if you do you could just paint them
                  As the OP said in his first post, Carbon fiber ON a car is illegal, not carbon fiber itself.

Btw all aerodynamic aids that add downforce create drag.

You can't expect to stick your arm out the window and not feel the air pushing your arm back.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                    As the OP said in his first post, Carbon fiber ON a car is illegal, not carbon fiber itself.

Btw all aerodynamic aids that add downforce create drag.

You can't expect to stick your arm out the window and not feel the air pushing your arm back.
                    lol thats what i meant to say you just worded it better, i dislocated my shoulder like that once =/

ah i get it, road regs i guess... would be interesting to find out why
                    Originally posted by scudweiser
                    it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                    Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Thanks for everyone's replies.

evil_demon_01
                      - yes, in South Australia, the police are very picky about CF, whether it be a spoiler, a trunk lid, a bonnet or even a small little emblem they don't like it. The excuse given to us is that "if you get into a serious accident, the CF will shatter and it's not very safe". And to risk being pulled over for them to discover other things in my car which "aren't safe" I try to stick by the rules, but as Brandoncb7 suggested, I could just paint over them black. Although now finding out some more about them, and that there aren't any SPECIFICALLY made for the CB7, I have decided against it. I have asked a few of the other users that have canards, and unfortunately they said that they used some from another car model. For example an S2000's canards will fit okay, because of the way the bumpers are both curved, although I would not like to take the risk. Instead, I have chosen something similar to these:

I'll probably get some when I get my Type-R lip on, I have read even more into those, apparently they look horrible with thin lips, so it is advised to anyone who is thinking the same as I (in getting them) that a larger thicker lip is used. For example the Type-R 94/95 Accord lip or the Spoon lip.

To everyone else -
                      It is true that the canards do not provide any real improvement to the way the car handles, and they should be on the bottom of your "modifications" list. Unless done by a professional, they will give minimal change to how the car handles, and you will not notice it. If, for example, you like the look, and wish to put them on your car, by all means put them on. But the only time you will actually feel if they make a difference is if you race heavily around a track, or go through a wind tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by YOanthony View Post
                        LOL...I had these on my 82 S-10's body kit

Click For Full Details->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177213
                        Chozen Few Customz _CT_

Comment

Ive always liked how the ARC. Canards look.

Even thought about gettin them to throw on the CB.

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by dee18701 View Post
                            LOL...I had these on my 82 S-10's body kit
                            Did they look any good?

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnCB7 View Post
                              Ive always liked how the ARC. Canards look.

Even thought about gettin them to throw on the CB.
                              I'm going to, I saw this really nice pictures of the ARC Magic Canards on an Integra, but I've lost the link. ._______.

Comment

Working...
                              X