honda of america badge placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honda of america badge placement

hey guys i might purchase some honda of america badges and i was wondering what is the easiest way to mount them? any help would be great. the only way i could think of would be double sided tape, but that just seems sloppy and easy to steal.. thanks!

Quick drying sticky plastic cement.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

is that really how most members do it? in japan do the vehicles come equipped with the two little prong holes like the ones that hold on the honda badge on the trunk?

Comment

I would recommend the 2 sided tape. But get the good stuff like 3M. Caus if you don't, they may come off going down the road and get ran over by another car. That would not be good? No?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Originally posted by alan lx View Post
          I would recommend the 2 sided tape. But get the good stuff like 3M. Caus if you don't, they may come off going down the road and get ran over by another car. That would not be good? No?
          i like the cement idea better although itd probably rip the paint coming off. double sided tape would be an easy steal for anyone with half a brain.

Comment

it's only $20 if they do steal em if you have em mounted with 3m double sided tape, but with cement could bit quite a bit more if it takes paint with it

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

yeah i wonder how that tape does on the outdoors though... with rain and snow and everything

Comment

as long as your paint is clean and dry when you put it on it holds great, ive had mine on over a year, although I don't drive it in snow its holding string

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

3m double sided tape...mine have been attached that way for over a year, been through the hot sun and cold winter, and they are still stuck on there really well

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                  be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

how much did you pay for yours?

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
                      how much did you pay for yours?

For my HOA badges? Can't remember...around $40 I think...And those are the gold ones I have too

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                      be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

i use double sided tape to hold on my sideskirts on my ba4 3g prelude and there is nothing touching frame except for the top of the side skirt ( i refuse to drill holes in my frame ) and it has held up for 3 years with weather conditions and everything. for 3m tape to work to its full potential the surface MUST BE FREE OF All Contaminants. + it is easy to remove if needed ( no paint problems )
                        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I don't think anyone is going to steal your badge...

but use 3M double sided tape the industrial strength one.

Red/grey tape. They'll have a hard time taking this off....

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
                            is that really how most members do it? in japan do the vehicles come equipped with the two little prong holes like the ones that hold on the honda badge on the trunk?
                            No , they're still double sided tape from the factory.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

There is a 3M product that helps the doublesided tape stick better. Adhesion promoter pads. Just clean the emblem and car surface real good then wipe with the pad, let dry, then apply the tape and stick. 3M # 06396. The whole box is expensive. See if you can find some one that will sell just one. Bodyshop ect.... The stuff works really well.
                              http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

Working...
                              X