Question about Gauge piller pods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Gauge piller pods?

Sorry if this isnt in the right Thread... But was cuious what brand or mods do we have to do to have Gauge pods for are Cb7's? I just got a whole line up of Auto Metter Ultra Lite from my cousin. And was wondering how one would install them since their is no real gauge pods for are Cb7. I could be wrong but thats why I'm asking. Any how post up pics if you have any of your instalation of your gauges. Thanks in advance.
    -Vinyl59

I don't have any pics, but I do have suggestions.

1.) Use the glove box. Seriously, just keep it open, wire thg guages to there, and mount them on a fiberglass or other sturdy plastic material board. I saw a pic of it, one upon a time, but that was ages ago... and most likely gone by now...

2.) If you are feeling stupid enough, drill holes into the dash. This, however, will probably earn a few strenuous objections. Use this as your absolute, there-is-no-other-way-to-do-this option.

3.) I think they make universal pod guages that go on the pillar going from the body of the car to the roof on the driver side (can't think of it's name) Usually those all you have to do is wiring and cutting of the cover length to correct size.

4.) Make your own! Seriously, fiberglass is your friend. While this does offer its own world of difficulties, you can make a pod guage that suits your tastes.

There are more options, but that's all I can think of for the time.
    Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
    D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Im using a pillar pod from a 97ish Integra, fit is great. So you can go with that...or you could put the gauges in the dash above the glove box like I did for my airride gauges, but your gonna have to cut some of the metal support for them to fit.

Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

im using one from a 92-95 civic. fitment is ok..could be better, could be worse

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Here's a picture of my car with gauges in the glovebox...

Comment

faze makes a universal guage pod 1, 2, 3, guages.all u do is just heat it up with a heat gun and shape it to ur pillar.i think the apc pods are also like this but im not sure
            I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

i have used a single pod from a 94 supra, great fitment

Comment

90 integra works fairly well
                http://www.myspace.com/ilovevee

Comment

Im pretty sure any 90-2001 Integra pod will work. Ive heard some people used the 90-93 teg pods with no real issues, while ive also heard others say that 94-01 teg pods give the best fitment. Dunno personally though, I had both my guages down where the cup holder is supposed to go. I used the universal mounting brackets and cup and just put em down there and angled them toward me, that way i wouldnt have people messing with me just cuz they could see guages on the driver side when next to me on the road.

Comment

i got a universal pod and custom molded it into my pillar was kind of a bittch to do but well worth it

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

I used a 94-00 teg pod. Trimmed it a tad and then used a heat gun to soften it up so I could form it.

Comment

Thanks guys...

Thanks for the input. I'll try the molding of the piller gauge pod first I think that way is the cleanest look and easier on the eyes to look at the gauges. Thanks for the input again. But still would like to hear more ideas if you have any thanks again.
                        -Vinyl59

Comment

The best fitment u'll get is the one for the 94-01 integra
                          U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

I see....

Originally posted by JailBa8
                            The best fitment u'll get is the one for the 94-01 integra
                            Oh yea... Is any brand okay or is there a brand better over another? Just curious? Oh what about a 94 gauge piller pod? Why a 94-01 integra?
                            Last edited by Vinyl59; 02-16-2005, 09:39 PM.
                            -Vinyl59

Comment

i used the mitsubishi 95-99 pillar add on.. i just melted the bottom corner and made it mold onto my stock pillar... it looks almost perfect.. ill post pics

Comment

Working...
                              X