Sidemarkers and corner lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sidemarkers and corner lights?

SO...I ordered myself some sidemarkers and wiring for them..weird thing is, my corner lights. The two plugs that come up to the corners, the one with the three prongs does nothing. At all. The three prongs is what the sidemarkers have a place for. When I turn on my running lights, the one with the two prongs turns on. Which is fine for running lights.

Problem is, when I turn on my blinkers, the running lights, the two prong ones that run when the lights are on, blink...The three prong lights don't ever turn on or blink. What the hell are they there for if they don't ever get used??? And how the hell am I supposed to get my sidemarkers to blink if the running lights are the only ones that blink??
    '93 LX Coupe

i think you should take a picture and diagram what you are refering to.

on our corner lights there are two bulbs

one is just a parking light, it comes on and stays on when you turn the parking lights on, and also stays on when you switch to headlights. this one will not flash. it is the closest to the headlights

the second one which is the furthest back comes on with the parking lights and turns off then on when you select that direction's turn signals.

the other indicator light on the front of our cars are the bumper lights, they only turn on when the turn signal is activated.

have you tried changing the bulbs, sometimes a bulb is just burned out. if the lights do not come on at all unless the turn signal is applied, you may have a blown fuse in the "small light". which also means you do not have your tail lights lighting up at night, making your car a nightmare for others to see, my memory is fuzzy but i once had that fuse blow, and i believe the gauge lights also did not work.

another thing could be that hey, you are driving an 17-21 year old car, your wires could be bad, take a tester to the wires after checking the previous suggestions to see if you are getting power to the circuits. if not trace the wires back and replace.
    Last edited by KB7; 12-10-2010, 09:46 PM.
    _

Comment

Originally posted by KB7Acoord View Post
      on our corner lights there are two bulbs

one is just a parking light, it comes on and stays on when you turn the parking lights on, and also stays on when you switch to headlights. this one will not flash. it is the closest to the headlights
      The one you're referring to in the quote above are the ones that aren't turning on at all. I've tried two sets of bulbs, none work on either side. I suppose the wires could be bad, but it throws me for a loop that both sides for the same bulb would be bad...

My rear lights turn on as do my gauges. Literally everything other light works just as it's supposed to.

Originally posted by KB7Acoord View Post
      the second one which is the furthest back comes on with the parking lights and turns off then on when you select that direction's turn signals.
      So, both lights in our corner lights come on and stay on, but only the furthest one back turns off and on with the blinker? At least I know that only the ones closest to the headlights aren't working. It's strange to me that they would put two bulbs that close that both run all the time, while one blinks with the turn signals.
      '93 LX Coupe

Comment

sorry, i forgot about this thread

well atleast you can use your new sidemarker lights, you are supposed to tap them into the bulbs furthest from the headlights

i think the first thing i would do is check for electricity in the positive side of the circuit, if there is power, then try to simulate a ground and put a bulb in there and see if that works.

if none of the above work, (on both sides-try them both), then you might have a bad socket/s. and thats if you are getting a positive, AND good ground.

i recently, (last night), had a problem with my front right bumper light, it had power, a good ground, and new bulbs, LOTS of new bulbs, lol.
        turned out the socket was just coroded, which was visually obvious, but i wanted to cover all tracks first. i swapped it out today with another socket and its works again.

good luck
        Last edited by KB7; 12-23-2010, 11:16 PM.
        _

Comment

Working...
        X