Tunerview RD-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunerview RD-1

Been holding out on you guys for quite some time! Been busy with my lady and totally neglecting my accord progress...but some recent mishaps with my "other lady" (Naiyomi) I guess she became jealous and decided to do misc things to get my attention like oil leaks, HID ballast failure, shifter cable bushings on the transmission case being worn causing grinding...and last but not least, my tunerview Box decided to ground out on me redering the unit unflashable again! So feeling naked without any vital gauges running through my Neptune RTP, I decided to be a guinea pig and try out the "version 3" of the Tunerview series dubbed the RD1! I got the introductory deal + another $50 dollars off since my unit failed on me. I could've got a Tunerview II but hell the RD1 was going to be the same price so I went ahead with the newer version!

Overall, the unit is a great bang for your buck compared to the more expensive units that do similar things...but the best part of all is..you can create your own gauges to your liking!!! Want a S2000 inspired cluster? Go ahead and use the new revamped tunerview software and draw it out!!! Anyways...more on that later!

Here is my progress on my RD1 install for my CB7 Accord. What I used is thin galvanized sheet metal I got from my local Home Depot store. I used a extra chrome betzel I never used and traced a outline of my gauge cluster since the overlay of my original gauge cluster won't sit flush because of the clips etc. that mount to the gauge housing itself.

Tomorrow and over the Thanksgiving weekend, I will be cutting out the indicator lamps and possibly 2 circular holes on each side for future gauge installs that I won't have RD-1 one displaying. I also have a Audi cluster that I will be possibly borrowing the trip/rest/confirm buttons from to give it a custom look if I decide not to use the provided RD-1 buttons.

When i'm happy with everything, I will be possibly painting the bare metal a satin black and or laying some carbon fiber mat. I have some faux carbon fiber vinyl sheet I used to wrap my oem grille that I may use to give me a rough idea of the finalized outcome!!! But in the meantime....

Enjoy! More hidden surprises to come....

I am the Yakuza CB7!
    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
    1994 Prelude V-Tec
    1999 CL 3.0
    2000 Prelude
    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

nice reminds me of a Stack cluster.cant wait for the finished product WITH the CF bezel

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
      nice reminds me of a Stack cluster.cant wait for the finished product WITH the CF bezel
      It more reminds me of a Motech SDL but at a waaaaaay low price! The selling point I think this has over the more expensive displays is the customizable layouts that you edit to your liking.

Examples of peoples custom screens...

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
      1999 CL 3.0
      2000 Prelude

Comment

holy crap man . that looks super great. does it have a gas gauge ?

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
          holy crap man . that looks super great. does it have a gas gauge ?
          Yup! odometer support was just added awhile ago and the GAS gauge can be added with the help of a converter that works with the Honda Fuel sender. They add features here and there with every firmware update just like a damn iphone LOL. The Fuel level support is a $60 dollars shipped more on it's own.

They just came up with a little black box that uses the spare analog input of the ECU-RTP system. Connect that and configure it within the software and your good to go! Before I got the system I was going to do a Prelude conversion or CD cluster swap just to have the mini gas gauge on the side..but now it's not needed. If $60 isn't ur thang than I recommend going that route with a BB6 or CD5 cluster so you can retain a fuel gauge. The oem fuel/temp gauge gets in the way and I had to hack the inner skeleton to clear the LCD backing.

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
          1999 CL 3.0
          2000 Prelude

Comment

New update

I ditched the Accord cluster altogether because I didn't want to hack the left side of my cluster just to have a fuel gauge. I wanted the LCD to be in the middle and for the meantime I can use the mini gauges for temp and fuel until I find some time to install the fuel level converter box on my vacation. I'm very anal about doing things right the first time so I didnt' want generic 1/4 1/2 3/4 4/4 readings only. I want all the correct voltages from 1gallon on up from empty.

Here is my prelude cluster conversion in my 93 accord.

Here is my attempt on the prelude cluster. I found another prelude cluster on e-bay for cheap so I wanted a backup cluster just in case I decided to go back to the mechanical gauge for maintenance...smog etc.

I came into a few issues: #1 I didn't take apart my first prelude cluster apart so it came to my attention that the prelude cluster dials are matched in pairs of two. Easy fix was to just chop the gauges to seperate them. This didn't harm the cluster at all since the mini side gauges get their voltage readings from the printed plastic on the back.

#2 the prelude cluster betzel is part of the shroud that connects to the gauges clear plexi window. I started chopping thin sheet metal to mimic what I did with the accord gauge cluster but I'm thinking about scrapping that altogether and thinking about fiberglassing my own prelude shroud with the necessary cutouts. I still want to retain the original indicator lights so the screen had to be moved a little lower than normal...however this may change if I go the fiberglassing route which will enable me to raise the screen so it won't be touching the directional indicator lamp area.

Next update will be a custom fiberglassed shroud (the black betzel and overhead) and possibly custom wrapped in carbon fiber.

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
            1999 CL 3.0
            2000 Prelude