Things you didn't know about the Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you didn't know about the Accord

Lets start a list of all the unique things about your accord and things you found out about it.

I'll start. In my 93 coupe, if you leave both doors unlocked and put the key in the door, it will lock both doors, not just one.

Anybody got anything else?
    COUPE K24

The light around the ignition key hole stays on a couple of seconds and fades off after you take the key out.

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
    "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

What I thought was awesome is that when I lock the doors with the drivers side power lock switch with the door open, it'll lock all the other doors on the car, but not the drivers side door. it'll only lock when the door is closed. I guess that's to prevent you from locking your keys in the car.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

if the car is off and you wonder what time it is, you push on the minute/hour door and the clock will display the time.

took me a few months before i discovered that. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

The stock hood is only a couple pounds heavier than a carbon fiber hood.

The stock trunk is a lot heavier than a carbon fiber trunk.

Lastly, it looks like a naked woman ^^^^ fits pretty well in the CB7 back seat.
          Last edited by Tishock; 10-13-2010, 04:54 AM.

Comment

i didn't know until i got a plywood...notice you can insert a key in the back and fold the seats for more space....!!!! (noob):P
            VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
            1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
            MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Thats some nice useful stuff.
              COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by MDJ-7BC
                There is an emergency glove box release.

If you pull the handle to open your trunk. Release pressure and pull the handle 2 more times (with the trunk open) your glove box door will release and open.

I found this out after pulling my trunk handle a couple of times when I meant to open my gas door and couldn't figure out why it wasn't opening! LOL
                Wow i didn't know that.

I knew everything else mentioned so far.

If you have a sunroof, there is a little clip in the headliner that comes out in the back seat.

If you pop that out and use the right tool you can manually crank open the sunroof if the power motor goes.

Comment

The cooling fans turn on right after you shut the car off for a few minutes. (I had 3 that did)

You can replace the Radio Harness partially if the original has been cut at the plug instead of splicing stuff together.

The antenna powers down on EX models with Spoiler when the trunk is opened.

I have more, just trying to remember...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                    if the car is off and you wonder what time it is, you push on the minute/hour door and the clock will display the time.

took me a few months before i discovered that. later.
                    that is very new to me. i feel such a FOB (Fresh of the boat)

Comment

there is a small light bulb in an ash tray, and bigger onces in a glove box as well as trunk (except mine never worked and i discovered it by accident, and had to replace all bulbs.) + (My moms '05 Civic doest have any of that). Also a car lighter lights up if its working property.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman_471 View Post
                        What I thought was awesome is that when I lock the doors with the drivers side power lock switch with the door open, it'll lock all the other doors on the car, but not the drivers side door. it'll only lock when the door is closed. I guess that's to prevent you from locking your keys in the car.
                        If you hold the outside door handle up while pushing down on the lock handle, the driver's door will lock too.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                          If you hold the outside door handle up while pushing down on the lock handle, the driver's door will lock too.
                          This also works with the inside door handle.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                            that also works if you hold the handle from the inside as well

edit: /\/\ damn beat me to it
                            ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

i didnt know in the coupe the rear doors can open to the side..i didnt know this til i bought the car and cleaned the windows lol

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                              My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                              Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Working...
                              X