Rear mudflap help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear mudflap help....

I just aquired a set of rear mudflaps that have the "Honda" stamped on them and I've noticed that alot of guys are painting the lettering white and I think that looks so clean! I was just wondering what kind of paint did you use or what type of paint is best and any tips on taping off and/or painting them? Thanks.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Anyone?

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

hi man.....just to let you know i did this expiriment on my previous dad car.....a ae92....anyways he had the lettering mudflaps and all he did is sand the logo so the paint would stick......set a primer, then 2 coat of white to make it look nice.....you don't need the primer, if you want that nice gloss like, might as well paint the whole thing...just outline it with tape, then cover it in newspaper...and yes anypaint....for my ae92 i just used the regular spray paint.. it goes on pretty nice....and you can find it at your local detailer.....just ask them before you buy if they have a variety on more paint touches....cause this experiment i did is 6 years old llol.......
      Last edited by mercyboy; 07-04-2010, 11:24 AM.
      VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
      1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
      MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

What grit of sandpaper?

Comment

they make paint pens.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
            they make paint pens.
            What kind of sanding is needed for prep?

Comment

They came with white lettering. But i spose the ones you've picked up have faded and stuff.
              im geussing u can just sand to get the surface rough and clean for the paint to stick onto. Not really sure bout the grit as its plastic. Not sure if it makes a difference either.
              Hope all goes well man! Cant wait to see the outcome!!
              ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

The *letters* are raised .. so you may be able to find a small enough roller and simply roll it.

Just my 2cents worth ...

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

As it is plastic, just go with the finest grit you can find and lightly scuff the smooth surface. It wouldn't do to really tear it up with the rough stuff. I agree with using a paint pen, it would be much easier than trying to mask off that much detail. If you'd rather use the suggested roller, find a tiny one made of sponge and again go over it very lightly several times. Don't use that fuzzy crap, or you'll have tiny white dots all around the lettering. It shouldn't matter what kind of paint you use, but afterwards spray the whole thing down with a protective clear coat so dirt and debris don't chip away the paint.

Ed. - Ha! Just realized how old the topic is, you've probably done it already!
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-31-2010, 02:46 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

So one of my friends just bought 2 cb7s, one of which had the white lettering on the rear mudflaps. The only problem was that the lettering looks a little yellow. How do I clean those up? Is paint still the only option? Or can I sand it a little with really fine grit sandpaper and pull some of the white out from underneath?

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                      As it is plastic, just go with the finest grit you can find and lightly scuff the smooth surface. It wouldn't do to really tear it up with the rough stuff. I agree with using a paint pen, it would be much easier than trying to mask off that much detail. If you'd rather use the suggested roller, find a tiny one made of sponge and again go over it very lightly several times. Don't use that fuzzy crap, or you'll have tiny white dots all around the lettering. It shouldn't matter what kind of paint you use, but afterwards spray the whole thing down with a protective clear coat so dirt and debris don't chip away the paint.

Ed. - Ha! Just realized how old the topic is, you've probably done it already!
                      I actually haven't yet. Lol I've gotten really busy at work, so the cb's kinda gone on the back burner until recently.

Comment

I'll post a new thread

Comment

I always use a white marker to mark tires. they sell it in auto part stores. its how they write on parts in JYs too. it sticks even after degreaser & is flexable

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                          X