Best way to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to go?

I painted my valve cover two toned green and blue but I've got an ugly tape edge and I was wondering what you guys might suggest to cover it up. I was thinking taping it off and painting it like a pinstripe. What do you guys suggest?

Pics aren't that great, but I hope they help.
    We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
    Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

i think if what you said tape it off like a pinstripe and paint means what i'm thinking then do that

remask the whole VC .. then take a very sharp exacto knife and carefully cut out a nice "pinstripe" or design over the unpainted part, without cutting into the painted area.. Then hit it with a dark paint.. probably black
    -:¦:-
    Originally posted by wed3k
    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
      i think if what you said tape it off like a pinstripe and paint means what i'm thinking then do that

remask the whole VC .. then take a very sharp exacto knife and carefully cut out a nice "pinstripe" or design over the unpainted part, without cutting into the painted area.. Then hit it with a dark paint.. probably black
      That's what I was saying basically. Another alternative I thought about using was the painters tape that shops use to make flame and other graphic jobs on cars because I could lay it down along the edge and it won't wrinkle up going around the curves of the design. Does anyone know where I could get that type of tape though?

My For Sale Thread
      Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

http://www.autobodysupply.net/category-s/93.htm

A lot of places sell it. Google it. Also, pinstriping is an option. I personally cant do it my hands arent steady enough. You should give it a shot on some scrap metal.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
          http://www.autobodysupply.net/category-s/93.htm

A lot of places sell it. Google it. Also, pinstriping is an option. I personally cant do it my hands arent steady enough. You should give it a shot on some scrap metal.
          I don't think my hands would be steady enough but thanks for the link man.

My For Sale Thread
          Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

as for pin stripes/stickers on the VC .. wouldn't it get too hot for the adhesive to stay for long? or event he sticker itself.. wouldn't it begin to deteriorate under the clear coat (assuming you will clear coat over everything)?
            -:¦:-
            Originally posted by wed3k
            i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

If you laid vinyl pinstripe down, (which really isn't that difficult, nothing like dropping a paint line by hand) I think it would be okay. I've laid my hands on black cars in the sun that were hotter than I've ever felt my VC get.

http://www.customautotrim.com/produc...iping_tape.htm

Comment

Working...
              X