harness bar question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harness bar question.

I just have a question about an idea i am having. I cant seem to find anyone here who has a harness bar in there car. I need one and all the universal ones seem to be 46 - 51 inches across. Our measurements from pillar to pillar seem to be 44". I am thinking to buy a universal one, cut 3 inches from the middle section, insert a sleeve a little bit smaller that the inner diameter of the tube so it fits in both sides of the 2 halfs, then weld them back together. Do you think this will greatly decrease the stregnth of the bar? Is this a dumb idea? I really dont have the funds to make a custom bar and my boys father has a metal and welding shop. What do you guys think. Please any input would be appreciated! Its my daily driver, its a 1992 lx sedan.

R.I.P> Ronald Murphy the best dad ever in life. YOu will be missed.

if you are talking about the ebay ones I don't know about those the diameter is small and I'm willing to bet the tubes are thin wall. but it should work just not very strong. but neither will that set up anyway, I don't think that was a good idea when sparco did it in the first place, if you get in a wreck those little bars will buckle and maybe impale you but if you want to do it do it.

Comment

djcaz_aom has one in his wagon, and it looks HOTT! eBay...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

you should go to a good local fabricator and have them make a custom one for you. that would be a lot better than one you get off ebay, let alone an ebay one that you cut in half and weld back together.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

thanks for the responses.

R.I.P> Ronald Murphy the best dad ever in life. YOu will be missed.

Comment

Working...
          X