Carbon Fiber...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Fiber...

Ok, so I dont really know if this has been tossed around before and I'm sure it has but due to a lack of time and my own computer being broken, I'm asking.

Carbon fiber parts. I know where to get the hood, and the trunk lid. You can find them anywhere. But is there anyplace to get fenders, or other misc. parts like gas doors, oem style wings, door handles, etc? Especially fenders, I want some CF fenders badly. And if there is no place to buy them, is there any place to get them made? I have no idea how to make this stuff myself nor do I have the parts to do so. Soooo, anybody got any ideas?

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

I don't know much about all that stuff but I do know they use to make CF fenders. They have been long discounted and are extremely hard to find.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
      I don't know much about all that stuff but I do know they use to make CF fenders. They have been long discounted and are extremely hard to find.
      why did they stop making them. ugh, why...WHYYYYY!!! I want some so badly, along with a CF hood, CF trunk, CF gas door, CF lip kit, CF roof, CF doors, CF OEM wing, CF door handles, etc. etc. etc.

I want to be a CF whore...

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

i have a carbon fiber door i bought on ebay for $80

it looks crappy cuz of the angle

and a carbon fiber muffler

and a carbon fiber shift nob
        2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
        VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
        VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
        The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
        August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

What's your main purpose for the CF? Is it just for the looks or more for weight reduction? IF it was just weight reduction I'd say you could just shave all of your existing parts sheet metal thin and keep a stock look, but if you just want the look of CF then I'd say get a good quality "carbon fiber" paint job. I've seen a few and they look really good.
          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

As far as the fenders go, there was a member with OEM style carbon fiber fenders. If I remember right, he weighed them and they aren't really much lighter than the stock fenders....maybe a couple pounds combined.

From a performance standpoint (the only point of carbon fiber in my opinion) there isn't much of a reason to do CF fenders. If you're just wanting the look, then you're stuck with getting the CF fenders that have the vents on them, or just wrapping the stock fender with either real carbon fiber, or a look-alike vinyl.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
              What's your main purpose for the CF? Is it just for the looks or more for weight reduction? IF it was just weight reduction I'd say you could just shave all of your existing parts sheet metal thin and keep a stock look, but if you just want the look of CF then I'd say get a good quality "carbon fiber" paint job. I've seen a few and they look really good.
              a carbon fiber paint job... LOL!!!

and how can you shave down parts on the car to sheet metal thin when all our outer parts are already made of sheet metal?

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                a carbon fiber paint job... LOL!!!

and how can you shave down parts on the car to sheet metal thin when all our outer parts are already made of sheet metal?
                lol...your sig says somethin about carbon fiber goodies.

*Needs*
                -New shocks
                -Struts
                -Drop
                -Cleaning
                -New Tires/Wheels
                -New Window Tint
                -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

as for trunk lids, no you cant find them just anywhere. there are only a handfull of good ones, and only a few more than that were made to a sub-par level. i think less that 15-20 exist. door handles would be a pain in the ass to make, and would have nearly zero performance gain.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

cf paint jobs don't look too bad imo.

Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

a set of cf door handles went on ebay last year. the only ones i've seen, it was for a sedan. i was going to have a shop do my coupe doors but since i'm getting rid of my car, there's no point. doors itself were going to cost me over $1k. that should give u an estimated price on (2) doors.
                      Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                      -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

CF Everything!!

I think I remember seeing all the CF parts you're looking for (well, just about) on Ebay the other day. I was just randomly searching around for different parts and saw a hood, trunk lid, gas door and I'm quite sure some fenders. I would search there. Later!

EDIT: I just searched Ebay for some fenders.. couldn't find them in a regular search. Good Luck!
                        Last edited by TeamAccord; 11-18-2009, 02:57 AM. Reason: adding info

Comment

i was planning on fabbing up a carbon fiber lagend lip but i aint had the time to start on it.

Under Ground Society

"SLUTS NEED LOVE TOO.....AND A LOT OF DICK!"

Comment

nopi.com use to have cf fenders. well i think they were fiberglass with cf overlay. peace
                            "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
                              nopi.com use to have cf fenders. well i think they were fiberglass with cf overlay. peace
                              nearly all parts like this are fiberglass with a layer or two of carbon fiber on top. This helps with structural rigidity and also lowers cost. a carbon fiber fender that was solid carbon fiber would be over 200 bucks a piece.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                              member ride thread
                              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                              X