Valve cover question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve cover question

I'm painting my valve cover today. I was curious if you could put the vc back on once the paint is dry to the touch or if you gotta wait like 12 hours.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

id wait just to be on the good side...
    u know u dont wanna mess up the paint.........
    just let it sit over night,,,,,,,
    IT MAY BE AUTO BUT IT SURE RUNS FAST FOR A F22A6

Comment

Let it wait. I waited a good four hours and it still wasn't good enough.

I had a "rubber grip" that goes around the oil cap and that touched the valve cover.

Little did I know that after I warmed the car up the paint started to stick to the rubber grip. So now I have this melted looking scratch that in a circle.

I don't even want to check the spark plug wires.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Alright

Thanks

Member's Ride Thread

I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Depending on the type of paint your using. If your going to use cheap rattle cans it only takes a few mins to dry well about 10 mins.
          My ride History:
          Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
          Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
          Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
          -----------------------------------
          1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

Just finished painting, i'll post pics in the morning.

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...92#post2249892 for pics.

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

eek, I liked it better black. and shaved lettering...
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

i painted mine wiht that textured paint, and just hit the letters...IMO it looks wayyy better. and since its not a differnt color it wont look dirty.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                  X