Window tint REMOVAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window tint REMOVAL

so when i bought the car it had window tint that has faded to purple and is bubbling and looks like poop. got the side windows done. but the rear window is tinted too. and it is so old it will not peal off. and its a paint to get any of it off. only 6 heater grids work, id like to save them but if not i think im going to scrap it all, or get new glass. unless someone knows a trick. any ideas?

My friend Carey used to do window tinting and he would use ammonia to take it off. I don't know if that will help you any or not though. It would be really messy and maybe not the best idea, but aircraft paint stripper. That shit will eat through almost anything. I don't know how good that would work though and there would be more cleaning to do.

Comment

1. Roll up all the window.
      2. spray a solution of soapy water on the window.
      3. take a black trash bag and cover the window
      4. Let it sit outside for about 10-15 mins depending on how hot outside it is.

Be sure to removal the tint before it drys. It should come off easy and hopefully in one piece.

'90 Accord EX

Comment

u could use a squirt bottle with soap n water and some sharp razor blades for the back one i had the same problem if u have any of thos sunny hot days get get a trash bag make sure u spray your rear window alot so the bag will stay on then just let it sit for a while and let the sun shine lol i know it sounds weird but it worked with no problem the resson i did it like that because my friend helped me take it off at his tint shop so i hope that helps out

Comment

Originally posted by 1990AccordEX View Post
          1. Roll up all the window.
          2. spray a solution of soapy water on the window.
          3. take a black trash bag and cover the window
          4. Let it sit outside for about 10-15 mins depending on how hot outside it is.

Be sure to removal the tint before it drys. It should come off easy and hopefully in one piece.
          yea that works good

Comment

hummm. i may have to give the trash bag a try. i tryed to peal some off today, but it keeps tearing and is not coming in one piece AT ALL. paint stripper would that harm the glass? got to wait for a sunny day now i guess

Comment

Paint stripper shouldn't harm the glass. That was a last resort lol. That was kind of "if nothing else works" thing. Like I said it would make a mess and you would have to clean the glass pretty good afterwards. It should eat through it though. It eats through powdercoat and everythign else. I'd try the trash bag method first though.

Comment

spray an ammonia based window cleaner on the window then put a trash bag against it, let sit in sun for a few hours and take it off, should work fine

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Just go buy yourself a cheap clothes steamer - they're like 20 bucks at Walmart. Fill it up, let it warm up and steam the hell out of the window/tint while easing the tint off.. make sure you start at the edge of the tint (obviously) and work your way directly across so as to keep the tint in once piece, or as few pieces as possible.

The trashbag idea could also work, since it creates loads of moisture between the bag and glass, but the clothes steamer will work faster. So, how much is your time worth?

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
                  Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
                  Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
                  [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

used a heat gun aht is the way i did mine

Comment

Originally posted by 07BLKNINJA View Post
                      hummm. i may have to give the trash bag a try. i tryed to peal some off today, but it keeps tearing and is not coming in one piece AT ALL. paint stripper would that harm the glass? got to wait for a sunny day now i guess

make sure u get thos razors you could scrape the tint of with that n just keep spraying while u do it

Comment

Working...
                      X