paint color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paint color

im just about ready to get my car painted. Im either going to get it painted black (maybe) or more than likely graphite gray pearl, the color they offer on the evo MR edition i think??? its a dark gray color. Anyway for all of you that have had your car painted a different color than what it was, how much should i be looking to spend?? i want everything painted, engine bay, door trims inside and window trims painted flat black inside. what should i be expecting to pay???

Depends on what quality you want? A Decent paint job with minor body work should be around 1K-1.2K depending on where you live and brand of paint. When you start adding things like door jabs, inside of the trunk and esspecially engine pay the ticket can get pretty high. Esspeically to get it done right.

Honestly for quality paint and work to do everything I would expect to pay around 3K.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

It depends on if you have hook ups and all that.

If you are wanting your engine bay painted, you're going to be spending a LOT more. Normal paint jobs, they paint the fender part thats in the engine bay and the part that the headlights bolt into.

It also depends on how much body work is needed, if you have a lot of dents or anything shaved.

Paint is also a factor, if you are going for a show look you will want 3 stage paint mainly. If you want that nice pearl look, 3 stage is the way to go. Dupont and House of Kolor paint is fairly priced.. and DEFINITELY quality.

A normal paint job includes the door jambs, underside of trunk lid, under side of the hood, insides of the doors, and the body of the car and it's roughly about $1,500 for that.

Some of us have connections and don't spend nearly that much, but if you are going for a good look.. be prepared to spend about $1500.

I'd recommend using Dupont paint since they have a nice guarentee and have very good prices and ass loads of pearls to choose from.
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

house of kolors my choice. they also have lots of perals,flakes, to chose from. and nice base coats too. i bought the house of kolor paint chart book and its fucking sweet, came with the marble,and kameleon colors. i would only choose house ok kolor but thats just me. ppg also has some nice colors as well and are a cheaper product.

Comment

Working...
        X