No announcement yet.

I want to talk about DC5 clusters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now im looking at the CL1 Euro-R cluster. I love the look but i fon't know if it's the right size. i have never seen one.

:This link is to an EBAY auction for pictures only:
    Euro-R cluster Pics

Comment

it looks close to the right size....i think that would be badass to do the euro r cluster and also you could find some rare euro r blue recaros to go with the cluster then that would be so sick
      LIONS GARAGE

GARAGE*FRESH

Comment

Originally posted by caveman View Post
        it looks close to the right size....i think that would be badass to do the euro r cluster and also you could find some rare euro r blue recaros to go with the cluster then that would be so sick
        outline looks like it would fit but the bottom curves out and the top mounts would hold it forward. At least thats what it looks like.

Comment

i say try it out because imo that would be a sick cluster to have
          LIONS GARAGE

GARAGE*FRESH

Comment

Be sure you find the wiring diagram for it...if you get it and most of the time it will be in jap unless someone has translated it.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

So it's a no go on the Euro R cluster. they curve to the bottom whereas ours curve to the top.

Comment

It isnt hard to fill up cracks you just gotta be good at minor fabrication. Honestly you can make it look clean the cluster doesnt have to fit. Even the 5th gen lude clusters dont fit right you have to trim them down so its just how unique you want to be and time spent. Your not gonna find the "perfect" cluster for the car your better off just buying the one you like, wiring it up properly and making it fit with a custom bezel.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                  It isnt hard to fill up cracks you just gotta be good at minor fabrication. Honestly you can make it look clean the cluster doesnt have to fit. Even the 5th gen lude clusters dont fit right you have to trim them down so its just how unique you want to be and time spent. Your not gonna find the "perfect" cluster for the car your better off just buying the one you like, wiring it up properly and making it fit with a custom bezel.
                  I know what you mean. i expected to have to fab it up a little.

BOTTOM of BB6 Cluster (Same shape as CB)

TOP of Euro R

See my dilemma? It can be done but i don't want to pay $150 for a cluster to rip apart and not be able to re-sell cause i can't use it.

Unless i take the cover off and go without the clear plastic and cut and attach the top of the CB cluster to guarantee fitment.......

EDIT: Fitment will be the least of my problems apparently. the ODO is digital and the Tach doesn't like to work unless you have the CL-1 ECU......
                  Last edited by Flatline; 05-16-2009, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Or you convert to the certain sensor it uses. Thats what people running hatches with s2k clusters do. But that requires research and a lot of free time. If its PCM controlled then thats another thing.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                      Or you convert to the certain sensor it uses. Thats what people running hatches with s2k clusters do. But that requires research and a lot of free time. If its PCM controlled then thats another thing.
                      yeah it is.... everywhere i have read, the only time it works is with the Euro R swap with stock computer.

Comment

Working...
                      X