I want to talk about DC5 clusters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maple50175 View Post
    It wont look clean.... I was going to do that swap with my em2, but its not worth it since there will be that gap at the bottom like you mentioned....
    What if someone was to take a small sheet of ABS plstic and cut it to fill in the gap... And then mounted into place... But if done right could look really sick, specially if the plastic had a glossy side... Some do, some dnt...
    My System
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

Originally posted by tgdrums1990 View Post
      What if someone was to take a small sheet of ABS plstic and cut it to fill in the gap... And then mounted into place... But if done right could look really sick, specially if the plastic had a glossy side... Some do, some dnt...
      the plastic the sticks out the bottom would end up under the bezel if i am thinking right.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
        Mostly because it doesn't say Civic Type R on it.
        HAHAHA Yea man, FOR REAL!

'92 EX 5-spd Sedan - Odometer reads 215k with 195k on my JDM SOHC F20A.

'92 DX 5-spd Coupe - Had bad times soon after buying with brakes and water pump (only paid 700 tho), Ran awesome then water pump went bad! F22A1
        Needs: Water Pump and Timing belt (have parts) Front control arms at 200k, e-brake adjustment, mad body work, drop.

Bought from: Slick, STL_92_Accord, TASPRO

Comment

What about a NSX cluster they are about the same size as a cb7 cluster
          LIONS GARAGE

GARAGE*FRESH

Comment

Thats actually not a bad idea. It looks to be almost the same as the BB6 cluster overall too.

Comment

keeles was contemplating an nsx cluster for a little bit but never went through with it
              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

I think it would be cool to have like a NSX cluster....i was trying to think of other clusters that would possibly fit
                LIONS GARAGE

GARAGE*FRESH

Comment

And plus if you get the NSX cluster to work then you could find either the spoon or mugen NSX cluster and make it even more balla
                  LIONS GARAGE

GARAGE*FRESH

Comment

the biggest thing i would like about the NSX cluster is the Voltage and Oil pressure gauge. and the 8k redline tach.

Comment

Dc5 is nice the problem with newer clusters you might have to modify the, a bit. Some of them are PCM controlled which is always fun. Also sensors read slightly differently so it might transmit a different signal. I am talking 2000+ models usually. There are harnesses to make the S2k cluster work I am not sure what oneoffaccord has to hook up the s2k cluster but it does look clean. You can put the cluster in and try to seal the gapst that shouldnt be too bad...You could use fiberglass or aluminum to give it a clean or a racier look.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                        the biggest thing i would like about the NSX cluster is the Voltage and Oil pressure gauge. and the 8k redline tach.
                        NSX goes up to 9k and some NSX gauges go up to 11k
                        LIONS GARAGE

GARAGE*FRESH

Comment

8k redline. not max RPM but redline. less confusing for anyone who would want to drive it.

Comment

Wouldn't a NSX cluster be really expensive? I'm sure you are not going to find one at a junkyard.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                            Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                            My member's ride

Comment

yes, as would an s2000 cluster...and good luck finding one in a jy...if you did...still pricey. JY know those two cars for sure. Jack the price up for the hell of it.

That's an nsx cluster? prelude looks better, dc5 is nice....though in that pic it looks kinda fake
                              ____

Comment

Actually the S2K is more expensive then the NSX cluster.....and yeah you probabal will never find a NSX cluster in a Junkyard
                                LIONS GARAGE

GARAGE*FRESH

Comment

Working...
                                X