I want to talk about DC5 clusters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to talk about DC5 clusters...

I have been tossing around the thought of swapping a BB6 cluster for a while.
    It's becoming pretty common though. and I saw a pic of a DC5 cluster and sorta fell in love.

I don't have or haven't even sat in a DC5 so i cant judge size. Does any think it will fit without much problem?

I noticed the arch on the bottom. i don't know if that would be a huge problem or if i can make it look clean.

See

Any input?

It wont look clean.... I was going to do that swap with my em2, but its not worth it since there will be that gap at the bottom like you mentioned....

Comment

its a very nice cluster but like maple said it wouldn't come out clean because of those ends. but i guess theres no telling until you get your hands on one and see the fitiment.

s2000 clusters are still unique... as an option

Comment

Originally posted by 604_SE View Post
        its a very nice cluster but like maple said it wouldn't come out clean because of those ends. but i guess theres no telling until you get your hands on one and see the fitiment.

s2000 clusters are still unique... as an option
        Yeah but the s2k cluster is a tad too small. I thought of it too, but just ended up sticking with my OEM. s2k (AP2) are sick though.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

how about a cluster from a itr
          http://unlimitedjdm.com/cms/componen...13a6b394a8.jpg

ctr
          http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...s/IMGP1424.jpg
          Last edited by 604_SE; 12-28-2008, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah i wasn't too sure. It almost looks to be big enough to cover the gap, but have the ends hidden under the bezel.

and as far as the ITR and CTR, both are viable options. If the DC5 is a no go(most likely) then those are two of my next options.

Comment

Now looking at it, i like the CTR RS cluster a little more

Mostly because it doesn't say Civic Type R on it.

Comment

DC5 cluster wont really work cuz of the bottom of the cluster(gas and water temp)

s2k and itr clusters are too small. but if you can make a housing for it then theirs no problem.. a easier swap would be a bb6. also theres alot of wiring than you would think for a s2k cluster. the speedo and water temp doesnt work... 96-00 civic (em1 or ek4/9) wouldnt look that bad. it would be different to see it install.

my opinion do something that isnt already done..

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                  DC5 cluster wont really work cuz of the bottom of the cluster(gas and water temp)

s2k and itr clusters are too small. but if you can make a housing for it then theirs no problem.. a easier swap would be a bb6. also theres alot of wiring than you would think for a s2k cluster. the speedo and water temp doesnt work... 96-00 civic (em1 or ek4/9) wouldnt look that bad. it would be different to see it install.

my opinion do something that isnt already done..
                  thats why i was looking at the RS cluster. i haven't seen it yet. and it shouldn't be that big of a difference in size. As far as wiring, all i need is a wiring diagram for both the CB and donor. easy as pie. maybe a days worth of cutting connecting and taping.

Comment

i think you could do the rsx one, alittle bit of fiber glass work and some paint never hurt anyone

Comment

BB6 cluster's are getting too common?
                      I can only think of a handful of member's with on.

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                        BB6 cluster's are getting too common?
                        I can only think of a handful of member's with on.
                        handful is more than enough for me to consider other options. Plus, i would like to pioneer something and write up on it.

It's not a challenge if you have a installation guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175 View Post
                          It wont look clean.... I was going to do that swap with my em2, but its not worth it since there will be that gap at the bottom like you mentioned....
                          lol I was too.

--------------------------------

but just get it with the pigtails. then do the bondo work

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

has anyone tried a s2000 cluster yet?

Comment

oneoffaccord has one in.

Comment

Working...
                              X