Painting car rite before winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting car rite before winter

Ok i want to paint my car and do all the body work like in a month. I was suppose to do it this summer but had some financial set backs. Anyway i am from Canada and winters are pretty harsh. Should i wait for spring or fix the car now and oil spray it before winter. I mean she's got really bad cancer and i can't stand looking at her like that
    U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

either get going and paint that thing for the winter or if u have a beater for the winter just store ur cb7 in a place where the cancer wont get worse. im in ct and its already feeling like winter here. i cant imagine what its like up there.

Comment

I don't have a beater. Yeah i feel that an other winter will just make things worst but on the other hand will the paint dry proprely cause it's starting to get really cold here.
      U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

well im not sure how it will dry in the cold but if ur getting it done at a shop ask them if u can keep it inside for a couple days while it drys. not sure about cracking tho when u take it out of the shop.

Comment

If your going to do bodywork in the cold winter times, MAKE SURE YOU DO IT IN A HEATED GARAGE...the filler and such wont cure correctly if its not the right temperature. Same for the paint.

Just want until spring time to come around, that way you wont be rushing yourself to get everything done.

Jay
          Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

No it's done by a professional in a heated garage, he's gonna weld new metal and paint the whole car

Comment

Originally posted by JailBa8
              No it's done by a professional in a heated garage, he's gonna weld new metal and paint the whole car
              I found better deals on painting during the winter months. It is snowing at my location. I use a Nissan 4X4 beater during bad days in the winter, sometimes parking my 92 for the month of Jan. Where I live they use, sand, salt and a deiceing chemical that will attack that new paint. You might want to seriously park your car till after this winter. I would.
              TBILL
              92 Accord EX Coupe
              CB7, 5 spd, Seattle Silver

91 Accord LX - no mods
              CB9, Auto, Cobolt Blue Cooking with Clinton

Comment

Make sense i guess i mo wait. With all the chemicals, salt and rocks it'll prolly mess up my brand new paint. I don't drive much during the winter I take more the bus and drive only on week-ends. I better put tthat $$ at the bank before i spend it .

Comment

Use new metal, paint it then tell them to put it in the oven it will dry fine that way

im gonna be doing mine to and i live in canada ontario its getting pretty damn cold

Comment

Working...
                  X