Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing grilles/installing fog lights

hey all,

i have a 91 accord ex and its got those spaces for fog lights. I was wondering if i could remove those without taking off the bumper? also, do they just snap off? i was planning on installing fog lights i bought (pro burners series) and then putting a grille over the space. i didnt wanna spend too much so i was wondering if i have to buy the customized grille or i can use some other material as a substitute(ive heard you can use mesh from home depot, but i dont know)? also the middle grill between the spaces for the fog lights, i was planning on removing that and covering it with a mesh grille or substitute material. What's the easiest way to remove it, do i have to cut it?

you can use the mesh from homedepot, its called gutter guard its cheap and good.. dont forget to paint it otherwise it will look like crap

Comment

Thanks xplode...... anyone done this stuff if you know where I can find instructions on how to remove the existing grille or how to install gutter guard?

Comment

isnt the gril apart of the bumper as a whole?
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

umm no its not ztech, its totally seperate... i have a DIY on how to do it tho//

Comment

post it...duh hahah
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

man i looked at mine...its apart of the bumper xplode.....there is no way that it can come off....its all solid.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

yah, the grille is attached to the bumper and my idea was to cut the grille out. i dont know how thatll look though so i think maybe what i might try is to run gutter guard over the existing grille. then i want to remove the covers for the fog lights (under the turn signals). ive heard the covers snap right off but they seem part of the bumper on my '91. if i can remove them somehow i want to put the fog lights in there and cover that with gutter guard too. any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                X