removing the pin-stripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing the pin-stripe

i was wondering if anyone could leave me some info. on how to safely and quickly remove the pin-stripe on both sides of the accord.

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Lightly peel the end of it off with a razor WITHOUT going into the paint, then pull slowly pushing right before the spot you're going to pull up

Then wash & wax the car because there might be a faded line from the sun beating up the clearcoat
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

alright, thanks i'll give it a try once i bring my car home next weekend

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

there is a tool that u can buy that u can put on a drill and its really sticky and pulls off the pin stripe safely
        Last edited by slammed4th gen; 10-07-2004, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shimoto
          alright, thanks i'll give it a try once i bring my car home next weekend

Why where are you now? School? if so where do you go

Comment

im at UMass Amherst right now...

Comment

i'm from mass too right near boston actually. i have seen heat guns used before to remove pin striping, but be very careful because if you use to much heat you will fuck up your paint, if you have a good hand you could razor blade most of it but that takes a steady hand so you can avoid scratching the piss out of the paint. try rebels approach first.

Comment

You can always use a plastic razoeblade.

Comment

I used a heat gun on it and it worked awesome. Came right off with no damage to the paint on the body like a razor can do.

Comment

your welcome.

Comment

I just did mine last weekend used a heat gun and a plastic razor blade worked fine

Comment

Working...
                      X