Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM Window Visor Install

Hello fellow CB Tuners

I was wondering if some of you can please help me with installing my JDM window visors (coupe) with all metal clips intact. I've tried stiking the clips all over the place but nothing doing, And I am guessing double sided 3M tape will help also. I've searched around the forum, but all links are outdated or not very clear for myself.
    Pics Will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

i would like to know, i did this years ago, i mean like back in 95 and i forgot how to do it and now i have the visors off my car but i need to put it on my dads car.

someone knows =)
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

here's a little guide from a guy on ht

Originally posted by Cliffjumper2

haha, yep StockLS gave me a few tips, and they worked well :thumbup:
      I have a couple pics, I'll see if I can post them, but in the meantime:

I bought mine brand new from heeltoe (marcus) here on HT, and didn't install them for months cause the directions were in japanese and all the threads I had found here and in the itr forum all said how difficult it would be and would require cutting and making holes, etc....

I didn't want to cut my window moldings, just incase I would want to go without the visors in the future. So StockLS told me I didn't have to do any cutting of te moldings or screwing into the door at all....after a couple back and forths with him, this is what I ended up doing:

1. Open the door and lower the window

2. Remove the small rubber cover from the verticle side of the window above the door handle.

3. you'll then see three screws, unscrew them.

4. after unscrewing them, slide the window molding down so that the screw holes aren't lined up anymore.

5. then peel away the rest of the molding, making sure to not pull it down any further than you have to, just enough so it hangs down from the top of the window to the top of where the molding touches the mirror. do not peel off the top molding that's around your door frame
      here's a pic of what it should look like when you've taken the molding down far enough:

6. This was the tricky part for me now you have to find the proper clips for the correct part of the visor; the smaller clips will go closer to the mirror, while the larger clip toward the back of the door above where you removed the three screws.

7. If attached correctly to the visor, the visor will sorta clip into place, make sure it's lined up correctly on the door/window...the back side should not go past the window touching the rear of the door frame, and should line up nicely with were the molding comes down to the mirror.

8. At this point you have to start refitting the molding back into place, start close to the mirro and work your way over. Don't focus on making it fit snug where the visor clips are...it won't (at least not at first).

9. Once you have worked your way to the back, slide up the molding so the three screw holes line up with the holes on the door again; put the screws back in.

10. You'll find the rear where the screws are back in fits more snug than the front close to the mirror. Here's where you have to finesse it, try to fit the moldings the best you can around the visor clips, and make sure the rest of the molding is in snug to where it should be under the upper door molding.

11. The outside of the visor (the visors rubber strip) should be flush with your door, insert the black fastener into the small hole at the back of your visor, and you can place a small piece of double sided tape at the rear of the visor where it has some foam, hold it in place for about a minute till it holds firmly....don't use much and trim away the excess so it's not noticeable...then use a bacl permanent marker to color the white part of the double sided tape, and you won't notice it.

12. At this point, it still won't be snug around the clips (a result of not cutting nothces into the molding, feel free to cut notches), but bring the windows up and make sure the close tightly, and the molding doesn't come off.

13. After a couple days of keeping the windows up and the heat, my moldings took a shape a bit, and the fit was more snug...i was able to remove the doublesided tape, and it fits nicely...it's not perfect when examined closely, but from a few feet away looks great....not bad for a quick and reversable install.

I'm sure others have done a cleaner and more accurate install, but hope this helps...once you get into it, you might bang your head a couple times, but overall it's not hard at all, and pretty logical.

here are a few pics of the finished product from different angles:

Modified by Cliffjumper2 at 2:35 AM 9/2/2005
      Same process just there arent any "screws" to undo.

You'll see what molding to pull out when you look at the door. Notice where your glass slides into, that is what's coming out to make room for the molding. I'd start peeling at the upper portion near towards the b pillar.
      Last edited by ikayto; 08-01-2008, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Sweet DC!!
        I'm So JDM My Heart Is On The Right

Cappuccino Member #11
        G-Square For Sale PM Me.
        Rear Fog For Sale PM Me.

Comment

Working...
        X