Macco or Tech School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macco or Tech School

I Have the Choice of getting my car painted by Maaco or a tech school. I already know the risks of going to maaco and im really thinking about going to this tech school because i know the guy who teaches Auto Body and he paints very well. And on top of that they only want me to pay for the Paint and all the supplies. NO LABOR!!!!

I think this is a good deal.

What do you all think?
    Click Here
    1991 Honda Accord EX-SOLD
    1998 Acura Integra LS-SOLD
    1993 Toyota Mr2 N/A 5spd-SOLD
    2001 Chevy Tahoe-Daily Driver
    2006 Honda CBR600F4i-NEW Toy

i say, if you trust his work at the tech school then shoot for it. A nd since you have no labor to pay for, get some of best quality paint money can buy.
    92accord803

Comment

Originally posted by 92accord803
      i say, if you trust his work at the tech school then shoot for it. A nd since you have no labor to pay for, get some of best quality paint money can buy.
      Thats what im thinkin, What paint would you recomend?
      Click Here

Comment

Most likely he will give the car to the students to paint. I doubt he will do it for you but you never know.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Either way there's risk involved, and like Nelson said he will probably let the students do the work...so..with that being said, I would say Macco because I would think that the workers at Macco would have more experience than the students

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

I say ask the teacher at the tech school who is painting it, him or the students. If its the students, go to Maaco.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

i Talked to him and he said he would do it
              Click Here

Comment

i have seen macco paint job and they are shitty. it is only affordable because they dont do things like dent removal and they simply paint over damage that isnt major. at this school he mentions, the students have to pass. plus he knows the dude who teaches... and... the teacher said HE himself would paint the car. besides with allowing the school to paint the car he can pick what paint brand he wanted to use. brands from dupil-color, House of kolor and Alsa Corp. paints.
                this guy you know can ensure the students will prep the car right. and double check there work. Macco employees check there own shit and just keep shit moving in and out. Id take my chanceds with the students and the teacher.

thats just my opionion.
                92accord803

Comment

Thats why maaco has different levels of paint levels from cheap to a lil mroe expensive.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I JUST GOT CB9 DONE AT MAACO AND THEY DID A OK JOB FOR WHAT I PAYED FOR
                    MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Run screaming from maaco! But serouisly take it to the tech school. I went to one and even if the students do the work, it has to be topnotch or its gotta be fixed, just like a real body shop . I've seen lots of maaco jobs up close and well, you barely get what you pay for. They use shitty paint and they don't prep the car very well. One guy I bought a rearend for my chevy from was showing me his monte which they painted and there was solvent popping on the side of the fender and top of the trunk. They blamed it on him, saying that the old paint did it . And he dropped the money for their most expensive paint, $1500 in total. . soooo yeah take to the tech school, and get PPG or whatever he wants to use
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

well with maaco.....when ur car is done you have 2 sign a paper say that you like the job with ur car....if you dont like it...dont sign it ...and they will do it agian.
                        MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

just remember at the tech school the kids are proly going to be the ones painting. i went to a tech school for collision repair. not always what id want my car to look like. at macco if you can prep the car for them and get it ready the paint quality would be much better. look at it this way on one hand youve got a kid that knows very little or nothing painting your car, on the other youve got a guy who paints 10 to 15 cars a day possibly for years. and who is going to better guarentee their work? i would go with macco if not do it myself. but its just my 2 cents.

Comment

I have a Maaco Job. CHeck out my car on my 02 Civic

Comment

for everyone that belives Macco is better and the Tech school isnt. think about this. Macco probly hired most of their employees from a tech school. and in most cases with no experience... i highly doubt that anyone with insane skills and the training would apply at a Macco to do entry level paint.
                              92accord803

Comment

Working...
                              X