No announcement yet.

kitted cars vs clean(jdm style) cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go with what u like some like body kits some like the jdm style(me,,me,me!!!),but at the end of the day you build your car for yourself............
    hey........they did it why can't i do it?

Comment

Everything's a fad anyway...I mean there was a point in time where it was really cool to have 3-spoke rims on a car. So for me personally, I'm more about functional mods, as what looks good today might look awful tomorrow. It is somewhat exciting to see more and more people building Accords than Civics though, which is good for everyone as we get more aftermarket support...but that also brings more haters and troublemakers....so whatever...

Basically the way I feel is how other people feel...do what you want w/your car and don't worry about what other people think. I guess there are universal things that can be done that everyone likes, but ultimately you can't please everyone, so why bother? I guess you could say I'm more of a fan of the JDM look, as it's not at all flashy and really brings out the 'natural' beauty of the car, but I def. respect the work that people w/kits do. If kits were better made I'd prob. like them more, as certain pieces (namely the rear bumpers) are real turn offs as they don't flow at all for our cars. If we had more kits from legit companies I don't think it would be a problem for me...

It's kinda like the difference between a girl who looks good, and the same girl in a lot of makeup. I'm not a fan of girls w/makeup, but if I'm the one spending time inside her I could care less about what other people thought about her. Right?

Kudos to this thread not going to crap, I love this forum.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
        but if I'm the one spending time inside her I could care less about what other people thought about her. Right?

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          Everything's a fad anyway...I mean there was a point in time where it was really cool to have 3-spoke rims on a car. So for me personally, I'm more about functional mods, as what looks good today might look awful tomorrow. It is somewhat exciting to see more and more people building Accords than Civics though, which is good for everyone as we get more aftermarket support...but that also brings more haters and troublemakers....so whatever...

Basically the way I feel is how other people feel...do what you want w/your car and don't worry about what other people think. I guess there are universal things that can be done that everyone likes, but ultimately you can't please everyone, so why bother? I guess you could say I'm more of a fan of the JDM look, as it's not at all flashy and really brings out the 'natural' beauty of the car, but I def. respect the work that people w/kits do. If kits were better made I'd prob. like them more, as certain pieces (namely the rear bumpers) are real turn offs as they don't flow at all for our cars. If we had more kits from legit companies I don't think it would be a problem for me...

It's kinda like the difference between a girl who looks good, and the same girl in a lot of makeup. I'm not a fan of girls w/makeup, but if I'm the one spending time inside her I could care less about what other people thought about her. Right?

Kudos to this thread not going to crap, I love this forum.
          i like what ur. its the truth

Comment

This threads needs to die, and die now.

Comment

quiet you, you JDM PHREAK!
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

well i didnt read everything cause im just lazy, but i personally dont like kits at all. but i have a problem with the topic in general... why must a car be jdm'ed out to be considered "clean"? jdm is just a trend. now everyone is going out and getting amber corners, just like they were getting clear corners a year ago.

just save your money. time will go on and having jdm shit wont be the thing to do. consumers are mindless, they buy what they are told is cool.

just my thought on the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                  well i didnt read everything cause im just lazy, but i personally dont like kits at all. but i have a problem with the topic in general... why must a car be jdm'ed out to be considered "clean"? jdm is just a trend. now everyone is going out and getting amber corners, just like they were getting clear corners a year ago.

just save your money. time will go on and having jdm shit wont be the thing to do. consumers are mindless, they buy what they are told is cool.

just my thought on the situation.
                  you're entitled to your opinion. i think you should read every post in this thread, in order to see where different people are coming from on the issue.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7deathride
                    This threads needs to die, and die now.
                    i hope that im not going to start shit but this thread is going really well. i didnt think that i would get somany replies on this shit. i just want peoples opinion on shit thats all.

Comment

im not a big fan of HUGE body kits, but a nice upgrade looks good. i think im gonna get a new front bumper cuz mine is falling off anyway, and i want a nice looking one while still maintaining cleanness.

i think theres like 4 or 5 words in my paragraph that arent real words

Comment

nyehehehehe japanese domestic market huh then what do you call them japanese kits ? they jdm too right ? jdm kits right ?kit or no kit if it aint from japan then yur shit is not jdm "jdm look" what they call nowadays, ill prolly buy a kit that has its purpose the ones that went thru the wind tunnels for proper downforce n aerodynamics, and for your clean look, them lips make our car look "kitted" right ?, same thing in japan some are kitted some are not n theyre all about performance yu see a kit then yu know that it really has a purpose not just for looks so the car looks "lower" , it really depends how yu set up yur car and yu cant please everyone, jdm or no jdm theyre all nice including the bonestock ones, they all loook nice freal !
                        coast2coastpempen

Comment

Yea but from what I understand JDM isn't about stuff like the C-West kits, even though that is JDM...those real JDM kits aren't available to us. And anyways, if you look at them on cars like the Integra they look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better, as they're meant to flow w/the lines of the car, rather than just an afterthought. In any case this thread's going nowhere FAST.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                            you're entitled to your opinion. i think you should read every post in this thread, in order to see where different people are coming from on the issue.
                            ok, then i prefer kitted cars. not personally, but in general. i see alot of originality when it comes to bodykits. the clean look, or "jdm style" as it apparently is, is so monotonous. everyone with their amber corners, cf lips and hood and swapped front bumpers... dime a dozen nowadays.

im sure this jdm fad will blow over and something else will be considered "cool". whats so cool about having something that EVERYONE has. someone will eventually think of something new to do, and that will become the new trend. but thats just my opinion, so have fun with it.
                            Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 09-05-2004, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I dont even know anymore. My thoughts are, if it looks good, and goes with the lines of the car, than whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7deathride
                                I dont even know anymore. My thoughts are, if it looks good, and goes with the lines of the car, than whatever.
                                I'll drink to that.

V-TAK FTW!!1!

Comment

Working...
                                X