Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choices, choices...I cant decide

I need opinions.

Ive decided to take about half of my tax return and spend it on the CB. I know itll ultimately be up to me, but id like to hear opinions on what you would do.

I know the Pros of each, but im trying to weigh the Cons.

Option 1: Requires alot of "install" work, esp on the markers. Plus, im not sure how good the lip will look with my OEM lift kit

Option 2: No cons really...

Option 3: Major install. I use my car on a daily basis so removing every INT piece may be almost impossible to do. Not only have i never done it, but i wouldnt even know where to begin on installing carpet. So this option may be the only "Professionally" installed option.

Opinions, advice, are welcome. Thanks.
    Side Markers & Legend Lip
    28.57%
    Red / Clears
    28.57%
    New Carpet
    21.43%
    Other(Please Specify)
    21.43%

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

you should lower it before anything.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I voted carpet because that's what I have left to do to the interior.

Red/Clears should be bought when you have some extra cash.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Carpet is so simple to take out. You can have it all done in like 30 minutes. You only need the seats out, and the small trim pieces that just pop into place.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Well, i imagine removing one seat will take me about 30 minutes, lol.

I know its just a matter of removing bolts, but im like that. I like to make sure i dont lose bolts/screws/clips/pins and plus i like to visualize the removal so re-installation will be easier.

What is there to remove? Both fron seats, center console(s) and...rear seat...

And i know pulling the old out will be easy, but doesnt the new require glue/adhesive?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            you should lower it before anything.
            I only plan on using about $150. Carpet will run me around that, maybe a little more.

If a drop can be completed for less than $200, please tell me how.

Comment

Of course, i could always pick up a Neuspeed FU bar......

Dammit! I have a list of about 6 things in front of me and i cant decide...

Comment

The carpet is not glued down at all. It just sits there, with a few clips I think. It has been a year since I took it out.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Hmm....

I always figured it was glued or somehow adhered to the floor...

Makes sense to me....

Ive pulled my entire center console out before so i know thats easy. Ive never done the seats, but im pretty sure ive got a manual somehow that tells how to do it.

While im at it, ive changed up some choices, and came up with some new options...

Side markers - $25 shipped
                  Red/Clears - $90 shipped
                  Bushing Kit - $110 shipped
                  Ground Wire Kit - $40 shipped

I wanna pick up a cb7tuner calendar too, lol.

Thought about looking for a Neuspeed Front-Upper Bar, but = $140.

Of everything on my list, the ground wire kit and the bushing kit would make the most sense to get cuz itd be going towards prolonging/improving the life of my car. Everything else is pretty much aesthetic or bolt-on stuff....

I figure i can pick up the Bushings, the Grounding Kit and the Calendar for roughly $160.

Somebody let me know if they think the bushing kit and/or the Grounding Kit may or may not be worth it.

Comment

flip a coin and decide

SOLD!!
                    Boosted H22
                    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Im not at all trying to be a pessimist or trying to discourage you, but if your doubting your ability to change the carpet, then im pretty sure that changing bushings will be out of your realm.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Well, even if i had a bunch of money, as tempting as side markers, lips and red/clears are, id still be more opt to go with something that will prolong or improve the life of the car. Sure there are other things i could do, but i think a ground kit and new bushings all around, would be a nice start.

I'll probably end up getting both kits and the calendar.

Anybody have any suggestions as far as ground kits OR bushing kits go? The ground kit is from SCO.com, and the bushing kit is Energy Suspension.

Comment

Dont worry John, pessimist is my middle name, lol.

I dont doubt my ability to do my carpet, its just one of those things ive never seen done, or really heard about anyone doing, so unless i read it out of a manual, im pretty much on my own. but its just seats, console, old carpet. Reverse.

Not to mention, im very visual. I dont like to be told how to do things, i like to be shown and see the work myself.

Grounding Kit, im pretty sure i can handle. Bushings are a whole 'nother story. Again, one of those things im not even about to go climbing under my car, toying with. I'll have em put in, and read up on it later. If this were a project car and not my DD, id be more than willing to get dirty and do it myself.

Comment

Seats are the easiest thing to take out in our car. The rear seat will probably take you the longest out of all of them.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Will i have to take it out to do the carpet?

Comment

Working...
                              X