Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell Us What YOU Want! (though you won't get it, because TAS isn't on here anymore!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any word on a 3" catback exhaust?

I am the Yakuza CB7!
    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
    1994 Prelude V-Tec
    1999 CL 3.0
    2000 Prelude
    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post
      Any word on a 3" catback exhaust?
      oh yea,,il deff get one of these..but make it useable for a universal muffler

Comment

3"? dang thats huge for a F22. What kind of insane setup are you running that would make use of that?

A 3 inch could be done I just can't imagine people would be lining up for them. I have an exhaust company who is very exciting to work with us on a custom exhaust. I have been throwing around a few ideas:

larger diameter (2.5"-3") exhaust with a more subtle looking muffler
        our own cat-back system more similar to an Apexi WS2
        a cat-back system that was more race oriented like the Buddy Club Spec 2
        a super stealth looking black exhaust

what do you think?

http://www.tasauto.com - The Accord Experts

Comment

Acura Legend OEM lips. The 93 model.
          NEW PSN
          H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
          RIP

Comment

hwo about a front end kit, with ball joints, tire rods, and w/e for $150

Comment

Originally posted by tasauto.com View Post
              3"? dang thats huge for a F22. What kind of insane setup are you running that would make use of that?

A 3 inch could be done I just can't imagine people would be lining up for them. I have an exhaust company who is very exciting to work with us on a custom exhaust. I have been throwing around a few ideas:

what do you think?
              i like, cause when i go under boost. im goin to want a 3" exhaust
              My cb7

h22a
              5-spd lsd
              Lord, grant me the serenity
              to accept the things I cannot change,
              the courage to change the things I can,
              and the wisdom to hide the bodies
              of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

what do you think?

Is there anyway you can contact this company to have them make individual custom exhausts? If I wanted an exhaust made with certain specs(piping diameter, type of muffler and tip, etc) can it be done? Or are they only willing to make large quantities of the same system?

Also, a 2.5" stealth black exhaust with an oval muffler would be cool.
                Another idea about your larger diameter 2.5-3" exhaust with a more subtle muffler, is to make the muffler have dual stainless steel tips, so it is a true performance exhaust, but once installed, looks very similar to the OEM EX exhaust. Thermal is about the only one with an exhaust like that...all the others have a large single tip.
                One last thing...have you looked in to burned titanium tips? Alot of people including myself think they look pretty cool. Check out the Greddy Spectrum Elite exhaust line and you'll see what I mean.
                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

what do you think?
                  not for a turbo it isnt, ill the research and development ginny pig

Comment

what do you think?
                    Oh you'd be surprised! There are lots of people going turbo or already are turbo on this message board that would love something like this. Just bolt it on and be done. Most people have to opt for a K-teller custom piping kit which isn't a true bolt on because you have to get the hangers and muffler welded on. People just want to buy something and throw it on and be done with it. Most custom fabricated mandrel bent exhausts wind up costing more
                    than a off the shelf APexi or Greddy because of labor time and fabrication parts.

This can also benefit the H22a swapped Accords. A 3" exhaust is the new thing to do nowadays as it's been dyno proven to help free HP without losing any low end. Anything after the collector is a restriction anyways, so the 3" helps the H22a exhale a little. I'll try to find the dyno sheet that was spread among prelude forums. The 2.5 myth I guess has been busted for the H22a i guess, but it still might hold true for a smaller displacement or the B-series guys.
                    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

how about a flushy with the led 3rd brake light???

Black interior peices.... seat covers,panel inserts speaker grillz/covers (carpet)

x2 on the led tail lights... im trying to make my own as we speak.

Halo headlights... or selling the projector headlights. not the 1peices im talking the ones that are just the headlights.
                      Members Ride sold...
                      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                        how about a flushy with the led 3rd brake light???

Black interior peices.... seat covers,panel inserts speaker grillz/covers (carpet)

x2 on the led tail lights... im trying to make my own as we speak.

Halo headlights... or selling the projector headlights. not the 1peices im talking the ones that are just the headlights.
                        Kaminari makes a flushmount with a built in LED if you are looking for one of those. They are starting to get extinct too and it's the only mold they have for the CB7 since the regular kaminari flushmount mold was destroyed in a warehouse fire.
                        707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

if it was said i apologize for repeating but the following:
                          oem foglights for all cb7"s...
                          intersection lights
                          cb3 power folding mirrors
                          leather interior/door panels in all colors
                          rear foglight
                          Last edited by childrey91; 02-21-2009, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei View Post
                            Kaminari makes a flushmount with a built in LED if you are looking for one of those. They are starting to get extinct too and it's the only mold they have for the CB7 since the regular kaminari flushmount mold was destroyed in a warehouse fire.
                            damn u gotta link or pic of one? i would love to go to a flushy and get rid of my stocker... but im a little whipped when it comes to the led brake lights
                            Members Ride sold...
                            I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                              damn u gotta link or pic of one? i would love to go to a flushy and get rid of my stocker... but im a little whipped when it comes to the led brake lights

You will have to contact Kaminari directly most likely as most online bodykit dealers don't have the part listed on their sites and mainly just the bodykit itself.

Kaminari was going to send me this one after explaining to me that the original non-led versions mold was destroyed in a warehouse fire. I didn't get it mainly because it looked different than the 90-91 kaminari flushmount (less aggressive and looks like a oem legend flush made for a CB7) The 92-93 version almost looks like a 07ish Infiniti G35 oem flush led lip spoiler! it's super sexy but I think it looks nice if you have other additional aero parts on the car to balance the aggressiveness.

Last edited by Kurobei; 02-23-2009, 03:42 AM.
                              707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                              '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Rear Trailing Arm Bushing.

Comment

Working...
                                X