Bisimoto H/F series aluminum flywheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
    I know you wouldn't worry about it. That is a typical noob response.

I just believe its not right, that you spend so much money to have a problem.
    And no it is not meant to buy together, he uses ACT clutches.

I have a Bisi flywheel and my pressure plate went on with zero issues.
    It is clear in the pics that his studs (on this particular flywheel) were wrong.
    Luckily for H22anow, everything worked.
    When you start getting into engine work and you notice something does not fit quite right, it angers
    you because you do not forsee the potential problems in the future.
    Oh yea, I noob my car out with all sorts of parts that were never meant to fit together, yet do and function great!

The studs are designed to make installation easier and make sure you have it on correclty, Ive installed them before, I ran into a similar issue.
    My issue was on a 89 Accord where the aftermarket pressure plate had larger holes than the OEM flywheel.
    Reason I say not to worry is the main bolts for the Pressure plate center it just fine. We put his car back together and it drives today, just like the one you did.

I do agree it is not right you had to modify an expensive ass flywheel!
    My fidanza flywheel had replaceable studs, where the base was rather large (such as the one you pitcured) but then the protruding stud was quite a bit smaller. Someone at the factory put the incorrect stud in.
    If that was the last Flywheel then I can assume that the next batch will have this issue aswell.

Originally posted by do2mind View Post
    Re: driveability of lighter flywheels with racing clutches.

Different drivers drive differently.

Driver A may never be close to stalling because he always gives plenty of gas on startup... light flywheel, heavy flywheel, whatever.

Driver B may never be close to stalling because he always slips the clutch for an extra half a second... even if he doesn't give it extra gas, he never stalls, light flywheel, heavy flywheel, whatever.

Driver C may be fairly close to stalling every time he starts from a dead stop, because he engages the clutch fairly quickly but with not a lot of gas. It takes quite a bit of practice, but this way can be silky smooth, and very easy on a clutch... I put 264,000 miles on the clutch of my last car, when I sold that car the original clutch was still going strong.

I am driver C... and in any car with a decently light flywheel and a decently firm clutch, I have to be a little more like Driver A, or I stall. Doesn't matter if it's a CB7, a BMW, whatever.

Driver C's have driveability issues with lighter flywheels... until they learn to drive more like A or B. I chose A... but I am still close to that edge... I just had to learn where that edge is with trial and error.

If you're saying you have no issues with driveability with a lighter flywheel, then you are either driver A, or driver B.
    Nice
    Believe what you will
    I have a light flywheel with a pussy ass clutch pedal. (OEM)
    My normal starting RPM on level ground is 1200, it changes on my mood and if im on a hill or not.
    Last edited by CB7Man; 04-26-2010, 04:01 AM.
    Your man for wiring solutions!
    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
      If that was the last Flywheel then I can assume that the next batch will have this issue aswell.
      yah it really did not bother us all that much, but just wanted to let other people know about a potential
      problem and after opening the wholes up to 11/64, we had no issues.

I AM IN NO WAY BASHING BISI. just hoping to either :
      A. Make sure the next batch is good
      or
      B. Let other members know to open it up to 11/64.

I hope my attitude did not come off bad but informational.
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

I called them about a week ago in reguards to my h22 flywheel issue, I was told I would get a call back.......I'm still waiting.

Comment

still no word from bisi?

I hope they are looking into it.
          or here I got you this....

its a scarf for the cold shoulder...hahaha!
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

i got a call back yesterday, they pretty much said that they could not do anything because the flywheel was already installed and that they got another order of flywheels and they would be doing tests to see if the problem persists. they MAY give me a discount towards the h22 bisi header but well see if that goes through, if not then i guess they'll loose a customer.

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
              i got a call back yesterday, they pretty much said that they could not do anything because the flywheel was already installed and that they got another order of flywheels and they would be doing tests to see if the problem persists. they MAY give me a discount towards the h22 bisi header but well see if that goes through, if not then i guess they'll loose a customer.
              why would they loose a customer when bisimoto isnt even the manufacturer! you should be calling evolution industries which is who actually makes the flywheels for bisimoto. Just because you had to drill out a hole on your flywheel doesnt seem like reason enough to take your business away from the only person that creates quality parts, especially when he/they are not the ones installing the incorrect dowel pins in the flywheels.

I think people are beginning to forget that aftermarket stuff is never going to be equivelent to OEM when it comes to fitment and any aftermarket part may requires some modification to work.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

on the response from Bisimoto...

I expected a lot more from this shop on this matter. Disappointing at best.
                RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                  why would they loose a customer when bisimoto isnt even the manufacturer! you should be calling evolution industries which is who actually makes the flywheels for bisimoto. Just because you had to drill out a hole on your flywheel doesnt seem like reason enough to take your business away from the only person that creates quality parts, especially when he/they are not the ones installing the incorrect dowel pins in the flywheels.

I think people are beginning to forget that aftermarket stuff is never going to be equivelent to OEM when it comes to fitment and any aftermarket part may requires some modification to work.
                  im not going to argue with you...i bought them from bisi and i dealt with them when making the purchase, i understand that evolution makes them but bisi is the seller and they are taking measures to make EVERY customer happy. its ok if you are a loyal customer, but that is not a good enough reason for me to be one. i made modifications and i will have to make them from now on. its clear to me and them that this is a manufacturer error and if i would not have said nothing about this, someone else will have the same issue.

Comment

so far I give him two thumbs up for my experience. good luck with yours and I'm sure bisi will figure something out.
                    The beginning of a new era............................
                    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
                      im not going to argue with you...i bought them from bisi and i dealt with them when making the purchase,
                      I think people here not realizing that Bisi is not the one selling the parts, he designs them yes, but he spends all his time on the dyno and fabricating, he has sales-people that provide the poor customer service that all of you are describing and i wont lie, i haven't gotten the best customer service from them either. IMO thats like going to wallmart and buying a computer then saying you were dealing with bill gates because he designed your operating system. I think this is the exact reason so many tuners stay away from the boards for the most part because the flaming turns personal. Take the turbo wagon thread on H-T, it turned in a big flamejob and everyone forgot about the engineering it took to make that possible.
                      Everyone on the internet forgets that these businesses are not run by one person and you are not their only customer or problem, its a team and if the team is off you cant blame the owner for some other person not doing their job. This includes quality control. The flywheel you received obviously slipped past some quality assurance employee, something that probably happened at EVOLUTION INDUSTRIES plant not at bisimoto and is definitely something that you cant expect every person to inspect at bisimoto to inspect especially when they come packaged in vacuum packaging. These are things that you as a customer should be checking before installing and not waiting till after your done with the job to bitch about. But like most people... people start taking their car apart before they have verified that everything is actually ready to put on the car then bitch about having to modify or fabricate something but cant wait because its their only car.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                        I think people here not realizing that Bisi is not the one selling the parts, he designs them yes, but he spends all his time on the dyno and fabricating, he has sales-people that provide the poor customer service that all of you are describing and i wont lie, i haven't gotten the best customer service from them either. IMO thats like going to wallmart and buying a computer then saying you were dealing with bill gates because he designed your operating system. I think this is the exact reason so many tuners stay away from the boards for the most part because the flaming turns personal. Take the turbo wagon thread on H-T, it turned in a big flamejob and everyone forgot about the engineering it took to make that possible.
                        Everyone on the internet forgets that these businesses are not run by one person and you are not their only customer or problem, its a team and if the team is off you cant blame the owner for some other person not doing their job. This includes quality control. The flywheel you received obviously slipped past some quality assurance employee, something that probably happened at EVOLUTION INDUSTRIES plant not at bisimoto and is definitely something that you cant expect every person to inspect at bisimoto to inspect especially when they come packaged in vacuum packaging. These are things that you as a customer should be checking before installing and not waiting till after your done with the job to bitch about. But like most people... people start taking their car apart before they have verified that everything is actually ready to put on the car then bitch about having to modify or fabricate something but cant wait because its their only car.
                        i meant bisi as in the bisimoto company and them as the company as well

Comment

I have the same flywheel with no issues.
                          The main point of this was to make sure tuners know to check beforehand you are correct in that aspect.

Honestly I believe if we did this at his house, he would have sent the flywheel back.
                          But he drove down to my house which is about 2 hours away.
                          So he did need to get home.

Bisi said he would look into it on the next batch, so I am sure he will take care of business.

This point has been proven time to move on!
                          Let's just hope the next batch is QA'd a lil better, Bisi gets word to Evolution,
                          and the following tuners are satisfied customers from here on out.
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

Bisi has a lot of stuff going on. If that one flywheel slipped through the QA at Evolution, then you shouldn't have installed the part. If' it's not right, you don't use it. Bisimoto has been above and beyond (with me at least) making sure that what I get is exactly right (Thank you btw). It's kinda like ordering a Mexican pizza from taco bell but instead you get two regular tacos. You can't eat the taco's then complain that you got the wrong thing.

It's not even really that bad. Your not compromising the integrity of the clutch what so ever and you got to drive back home the same day with an awesome new flywheel. Which is cool.

I just got one of the flywheels. I'll check it out with the clutch next time I'm at the shop.
                            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Like I said time to move on, hope you didnt pay $250 for tacos!!!
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

so whats the deal with replacing the friction disc?
                                I am getting ready for another clutch on my Bisi Flywheel and I want to do it right.
                                Where can we get these?

Here is a few pics of my flywheel in its current state...

and the retaining bolts on the backside...

just need to know how to order a new friction disc.
                                Last edited by drummersteve7; 07-16-2011, 12:34 AM.
                                MadLab Racing
                                Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                                X