Setting monitors on 96 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting monitors on 96 Accord

I am getting ready to swap the motor in my 96 Accord. PA has an OBD emission test that I will have to pass once the swap is done. Is there a way to get the monitors to set quickly(like Subaru) or am I stuck running drive cycles with expired stickers to set them? The swap is a straight swap, 97 SOHC non-vtec into 96 Accord DX. My first thought was to keep power to the ecu throughout the swap and hope the CEL isn't on but that's a longshot(the cam broke on the old motor). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Moved to the CD5tuner section. You're not going to get much help with OBD2 issues from the CB7 guys, as they're most familiar with OBD1 only.

Comment

Ok, thank you

Comment

I'm not all that certain the keeping power to the ECU is going to be a good idea.

Comment

For some odd reason I can't edit my posts anymore here. Anyway, can't you get a temporary inspection sticker in your state? I know here I can get a 10 day extension sticker for situations like that, giving me time to get the driving cycles in so that the computer will be ready for inspection.

Comment

Sorry pal, but your stuck having to put it thru the drive cycles. Keeping the computer powered isn't going to do anything being that your computer is "monitoring" the progress as the sensor reading start to come up from being put thru the drive cycle.
            Try this, get on the highway do a straight run @ 50mph use the cruise control. Do not think that driving 25 miles as fast as you can to get it out of the way will work, it won't! It will only delay the process. After the 25 mile run, do another 25 locally with stop and go traffic. that should be enough to get the monitors and evap system up and set for inspection.

Comment

I kinda figured that I was screwed, was hoping there was a simple solution. I have all the drive cycles in print and have done them before. thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X