Cheap turbo kits that are reasonable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap turbo kits that are reasonable.

hey im lookin to buy a turbo kit for my h22 cd7. anybody know where i can get a cheap but good turbo kit? i already found treadstone.

Cheap turbo

Good turbo

Comment

stay away from ebay turbo kits if you dont know how to rebuild them with generic parts.

u could swap a f22 head and intake mani with distributor and do a dsm setup. or you could buy a manifold that would fit the f22b and get a garret or turbonetics turbo and piece the whole kit together
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Do It!!!

Comment

dude thats like saying i want a fish sandwich that taste like steak..... but i will say this cheap turbos are good for cheap gains. a cheap kit will hang in there under 7psi for a few years. while a good turbo can crank out 2x that for a lifetime. so its still not worth it.

Comment

Do you guys think that ordering from treadstone would be a good bet? It's 1800 for a kit. I'm not even tryin to boost anything over 5lbs honestly. I just want the extra kick of power. And I don't feel like building the h22a. I want the turbo

Comment

lol the treadstone kit has been pretty reliable from what ive read (hence why its in my sig). ive tried to fin crap on it but always came up short of nothing. one guy used it on his cd5 and swears by it.

no
              Accord turbo kit under $2k here
              $30 HID kits here Thread
              "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
              "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Darkproduce View Post
                Do you guys think that ordering from treadstone would be a good bet? It's 1800 for a kit. I'm not even tryin to boost anything over 5lbs honestly. I just want the extra kick of power. And I don't feel like building the h22a. I want the turbo
                5lbs thats it. are you serious? you better off swapping then lol! id do 10psi daily.
                miss my turbo cb7

Comment

5 psi barely wakes the motor up, but since your stock i guess you are limited to that. just hook up some nitrous if you want a small amount of power like that. i've got a treadstone kit and it really is the cheapest kit out there that still uses 100% quality name brand parts. i pieced their kit together seperately and it comes out to hundreds more. they are practically losing money. the price may be steep at first but you wont have to fix anything on the kit unless it was defective like my turbo was from the start.

you get what you pay for, cheap crap get's you power but for how long before it breaks?

Members Ride Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=149817
                  Over 10,634 miles traveled for CB7 meets and counting!

Comment

you could go with a DSM setup? otherwise dont cheap out cause its gonna cost you down the road...

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by TomQuick View Post
                      Cheap turbo

Good turbo
                      Fuckin perfect!!!!!

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by civickiller View Post
                        you could go with a DSM setup? otherwise dont cheap out cause its gonna cost you down the road...
                        whats a DSM setup? also whats the max boost u can get from stock block h22a? (this is turning out to be more costly than i thought!)

Comment

Originally posted by Kellen View Post
                          5 psi barely wakes the motor up, but since your stock i guess you are limited to that. just hook up some nitrous if you want a small amount of power like that. i've got a treadstone kit and it really is the cheapest kit out there that still uses 100% quality name brand parts. i pieced their kit together seperately and it comes out to hundreds more. they are practically losing money. the price may be steep at first but you wont have to fix anything on the kit unless it was defective like my turbo was from the start.

you get what you pay for, cheap crap get's you power but for how long before it breaks?
                          i did 12.5psi daily on a stock motor. it held up until my ebay adjustable cam gear slipped and bearings went cus of the idle leak. if i would of put a bisi cam gear and fixed the idle and small issues, it would of ran today
                          miss my turbo cb7

Comment

A DSM setup on an H22 is doable but not recommended. An H22 revs to ~7500 so you need a turbo that will be making power up there.

You could run ~300hp on a stock H22 daily. BUT only if it's tuned WELL

Cheap turbo kits (ones for around $1000) CAN work well BUT little things need to be tweaked with those chinese parts. If you don't know how to check/rebuild the parts of a turbo kit, then a cheap kit isn't for you.

The BEST option for somebody with not a lot of experience is to do some research and piece a turbo kit together using brand name parts, and then have an experienced tuner dyno tune your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Kellen View Post

ummm no, 5psi could be an extra 75-100hp easy with the right turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X