megan header for 94 accd

i want to get a megan header for my 94 accord lx

but the ad on ebay says Ex models only.

so whats the deal?

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post

so whats the deal?
    I'm pretty sure it wont work..Been out of the F series game for a while so i forget why. The o2 sensor or the header ports themselves?
    1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
    CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
    PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post

so whats the deal?
      Search for your engine. Does the 94 still have the f22a1, or do you have the f22b1?

Comment

rcpaul @ cd5t has the megan header on his F22b2 (LX). basically that header comes with an 02 sensor bung on the end of the header for the B1's as well as a bung where the O2 sensor goes for the non vtec B2's.

From visual poet's post, i'm not sure if u have an A1 in ur 94 LX but if u do then those megan header's wont work b/c Port distances -
        0-0-0-0 vs 0-00-0.

But in other words, despite the EX only note, those headers bring a bung for both sensor positions. It also brings a plug to cover up the port u dont use. Besides, those ebay ad creators dont kno sh*t. Just like how a spring/shock combo can say (excl. vtec) when that part of the suspension is the same between the dx, lx and ex models.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj_Murda_89 View Post
          rcpaul @ cd5t has the megan header on his F22b2 (LX). basically that header comes with an 02 sensor bung on the end of the header for the B1's as well as a bung where the O2 sensor goes for the non vtec B2's.

From visual poet's post, i'm not sure if u have an A1 in ur 94 LX but if u do then those megan header's wont work b/c Port distances -
          0-0-0-0 vs 0-00-0.

But in other words, despite the EX only note, those headers bring a bung for both sensor positions. It also brings a plug to cover up the port u dont use. Besides, those ebay ad creators dont kno sh*t. Just like how a spring/shock combo can say (excl. vtec) when that part of the suspension is the same between the dx, lx and ex models.
          x2

Yeah I'm running one on my 95 lx. So assuming you have the f22b2 (just assuming your car hasn't had an engine swap and is USDM). Just check their picture (if they have one of the actual product) for an O2 bung on one of the header pipes before the down pipe. If so it will work for you without extra modifications. Like DJ_Murda_89 was pretty much saying, if it is a cd5 megan header it should have two O2 bungs, one on the header itself (pre down pipe) and one near the end of the down pipe near the catalytic converter.

Comment

i think my engine is a f22b series. i dont know what number tho.

for f22a i know all the numbers but for the f22b series i got no idea.
            can someone direct me with this info?

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
              Search for your engine. Does the 94 still have the f22a1, or do you have the f22b1?
              which engine is more powerful stock? a1 or b1? why are the both engines different?
              Last edited by accord=inspire?; 02-26-2010, 02:32 PM.

Comment

The F22A came in the CB Accords ONLY. The CD (starting with 94) came with the F22Bx.

F22B1 is the EX engine. 140hp and VTEC. F22B2 is the LX and DX engine, 130hp.

The header will work, as Dj_Murda_89 said. Just use the o2 bung that is in the proper location.

A Megan header won't really give you much of a gain. None of those cheapie headers do much more than stock. The only way to see a gain is to weld on a new collector.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  The F22A came in the CB Accords ONLY. The CD (starting with 94) came with the F22Bx.

F22B1 is the EX engine. 140hp and VTEC. F22B2 is the LX and DX engine, 130hp.
                  Didn't realize that the cd didn't have the f22ax. I've seen a couple with them swapped in, I just assumed they were base models and the f22bx were the higher models. Good information to know!

According to Wiki, these were the 5th gen factory motors available.
                  2.2 L F22B1 I4 145 hp
                  2.2 L F22B2 I4 130 hp
                  2.2 L F22Z2 I4 150 hp
                  2.7 L C27A V6 170 hp
                  2.2 L H22A I4 200 hp

Comment

Really? The F22A is actually illegal to swap into the CD in the US. The engine is not allowed to be older than the car. I'm sure this isn't really that big of an issue until you cross the OBD barrier, though. A 96 Accord with an OBD1 F22A would be a no-no.

The F22B1, F22B2, and C27A are the US options. H22A came in the SiR overseas. The F22Z2 is one I'm not familiar with, but I assume it's an Australian or European engine (since Japanese engines don't have numbers at the end). Most likely offered in a higher end model, just like the CB had the 150hp F20A DOHC in the 2.0 Si.

I love than the CD came with such a wide variety of engine options!

Comment

Really? The F22A is actually illegal to swap into the CD in the US. The engine is not allowed to be older than the car. I'm sure this isn't really that big of an issue until you cross the OBD barrier, though. A 96 Accord with an OBD1 F22A would be a no-no.

The F22B1, F22B2, and C27A are the US options. H22A came in the SiR overseas. The F22Z2 is one I'm not familiar with, but I assume it's an Australian or European engine (since Japanese engines don't have numbers at the end). Most likely offered in a higher end model, just like the CB had the 150hp F20A DOHC in the 2.0 Si.

I love than the CD came with such a wide variety of engine options!
                      Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I know a lot of guys with older motors in newer bodies (mostly v8 dommie guys). Honestly, what are the chances that the cop that pulls you over is going to look under the hood and tell you that the cd5 never had the f22ax in it? I think if he was that much of an enthusiast, you could probably bs with him until he let you go.

Comment

thanks for the info guys

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                          Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I know a lot of guys with older motors in newer bodies (mostly v8 dommie guys). Honestly, what are the chances that the cop that pulls you over is going to look under the hood and tell you that the cd5 never had the f22ax in it? I think if he was that much of an enthusiast, you could probably bs with him until he let you go.
                          On the street, unlikely (unless you have a domestic V8 with a carb... and the car is from 2003! )
                          In many states, inspections are mandatory every 1-2 years. At that time, someone would certainly notice. Might not get you in trouble with the cops right there, but you'd fail inspection... which would cause you to get pulled over and questioned.

Comment

On the street, unlikely (unless you have a domestic V8 with a carb... and the car is from 2003! )
                            In many states, inspections are mandatory every 1-2 years. At that time, someone would certainly notice. Might not get you in trouble with the cops right there, but you'd fail inspection... which would cause you to get pulled over and questioned.
                            This is why I have a hook up with no worries on failing

Links to my rides :
                            1992 Accord EX*
                            1990 Accord EX
                            1991 Accord SE (4th)
                            1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                            1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                            1991 Accord SE

Comment

Same here Well, I did... not sure if he's still there.

Comment

Working...
                              X