Morons at Sears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morons at Sears

So my wheels aren't in great shape or anything, they're old, and pretty beaten up, but they're my wheels, and up until today, they were sporting a nice matching set of center caps. Sadly, I made the mistake of having my local Sears balance one of my wheels because some monkey had used a clip on wheel weight on it the last time, and not only did it look like shit, it wasn't balanced very good.

The good news, the wheel is nicely balanced now, no more vibration over 55 mph. The bad news, shortly after I got the car back, I went to the car wash, where I noticed that the center cap was missing off the wheel that they balanced. Of course, after being on hold for ten minutes, and then being hung up on, when I finally managed to get an answer out of them, they assured me that the tech had reinstalled the center cap. Well it isn't on there now. I drove back over the route I had followed when I left the shop, with my wife, and daughter looking along the road side for the missing cap. We managed to find several small, roundish, silver colored objects, including a lug nut, and a 3/4 inch socket, but not my center cap.

I've spent the last hour and change searching the internet for a Motegi MR3 center cap, they are NOT easy to find. As a matter of fact, I didn't turn up a single center cap that looks anything like the ones on my wheels. So, if anyone stumbles across my center cap, or one like it, give me a holler.

sons of bitches.

i always at least ask to be in the shop when they are doing it so i can see for myself they wont fuck anything up, im anallll about stuff like this , now you dont got a center cap, nice 1 sears.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

It wouldn't bother me so much if I could buy another one, but it's been quite a while since they made the MR3 wheels. The only center cap I can find to fit it right now has a carbon fiber insert, and mine are silver, which would mean buying a whole new set of caps, costing me well over $100.

Comment

I hear a lot of bad story from sears, I wouldn't let them touch my car for any thing.

Comment

Yup I would never go to sears again. I had brand new tires installed there and lo and behold one was installed with bad valve stem. I went back and had them "replace" it. A day later, my tire was flat again. They didn't do anything. I finally got sick of it and filled it up with fix a flat. Worked great.

Funny thing is that they did that same thing on my Legend too...

Never go to sears.
          HondAccordMan-1991 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Click for MRT thread

Comment

Damn that sucks so hard, I'm not gonna say any more cuz it would only us both off. But actually the clip weights that go on the outer part of the wheel balance better than sticky weights. I worked for a tire shop for 8 months. I'm guessing yours was on the inner part of the wheel?
            1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
            CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
            PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

Nope, weight was on the outer edge of the wheel. Perhaps it just wasn't a good balancing job to begin with, but it looked like poop, and had a hell of a shake at speed, and the shake isn't there now.

I just scored a new cap off Ebay. Last night there weren't any listed, but this morning an auction popped up for my caps. Sadly, it cost me $41, but at least my car will look a little less stupid

Comment

Originally posted by TomQuick View Post
                Nope, weight was on the outer edge of the wheel. Perhaps it just wasn't a good balancing job to begin with, but it looked like poop, and had a hell of a shake at speed, and the shake isn't there now.

I just scored a new cap off Ebay. Last night there weren't any listed, but this morning an auction popped up for my caps. Sadly, it cost me $41, but at least my car will look a little less stupid
                lol word good job

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

i hate it when they install stick ons on the wheel face side. i always put them right behind the spokes.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

its kinda funny when i hear stories about people who go to shops and have a bad experience, mmost people who go to shops rather than a local mechanic go to shops because of the warrenties and crap they offer to give you peace of mind yet most local mechanic (i know im one of them) when they do work on your car they do their best to make sure everything goes back the way it was and god forbid we fuck something we fix it but when shops mess up they dont have the decentcy to admit to it or try to help out they just brush you off like (too late, i got ur money there is no need to be nice anymore)

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Too often that is the way things are done. Having the balancing done at Sears was a simple matter of convenience, we were in the mall, the shop was right there, they could get it done in 20 minutes.

I also generally go to them for alignments, again it's a matter of convenience, and for tires because of the warranty, the fact that there are Sears shops all over the place if I need warranty service.

If I need any other work done that I can't do myself, it does go to a local mechanic, though there isn't much that I don't do myself.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                        they do their best to make sure everything goes back the way it was
                        Which is why I fuckin hate when they leave the seat all fuckin far back and the shifter in gear. Probably 70% of the time I stall when I turn on the car because I dont look down and grab the knob getting the car back. When I worked at that tire shop, I would make it a point not to adjust the seat at all. I don't care how far back it was or if my knees were touching the dash, I wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by TomQuick View Post
                          Too often that is the way things are done. Having the balancing done at Sears was a simple matter of convenience, we were in the mall, the shop was right there, they could get it done in 20 minutes.

I also generally go to them for alignments, again it's a matter of convenience, and for tires because of the warranty, the fact that there are Sears shops all over the place if I need warranty service.

If I need any other work done that I can't do myself, it does go to a local mechanic, though there isn't much that I don't do myself.
                          i kno what you meant, this kinda job is a shop job anyways, i was mainly refering to going to shops in genereal like for tune ups or brake pad change etc

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                          When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                            wtf is stylin on you? Sounds like some ghetto slang.

Comment

I keep thinking this thread says "Mormons at Sears".
                              "Would you like to purchase a Craftsman ratchet set? Oh, and while you're looking, can I talk to you about my religion?" They're always so polite.

Originally posted by Velocifero View Post
                              wtf is stylin on you? Sounds like some ghetto slang.
                              Obama is black, so he has to use ghetto slang, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X