Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my car is poop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my car is poop!

I'm getting really pissed that my car does not run like other cb7's. i've upgraded 2 tyhe h23 intake, a6 head, cold air intake, pt6 with black box, rae disc brakes fuel pressure regulator, high flow fuel pump. And my rpms barely reach 6200 rpms. my car has no black smoke or blow by, does run a little rich since h23 intake. when the rest of the crew reaches as high as 7500 well pass redline. my car feels like its got no ass... compared to stock a6 motors. W T F do i need 2 do or check, to resolve this. tried upgrading but only 2 have problems with fuel now...........keeps shutting off...
    Click here to see why my signature was deleted.

What kind of fuel pump, and fuel pressure regulator did you purchase? Check your fuel pressure at idle, it should be somewhere around 38 psi, I believe?

Also, check your timing with a timing gun, check your cap and rotor. How old is your O2 sensor? Etc, etc, etc.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

autoteq pump and regulator the car has full maintence except for distrubtor.but i have swapped it with others including coil.

Comment

Just a question, with those mods there isn't any tuning needed?
        2013 Volvo XC90 Wife's
        2002 Volvo XC AWD Ocean Race Edition 1 of 650 made Son's
        1995 Volvo 850 Turbo (project)
        1982 2WD K5 Blazer On Bags (well half is) Mine
        1995 Jeep Wrangler Mine

Comment

its nothing special other than upgraded stock parts for little boost in hp.

Comment

However, if you have too much or too little fuel pressure due to the regulator adjustment, your car will run like "poop."

There is absolutely no reason to run a high-flow pump on a stock motor. The motor doesn't need that much fuel. The fuel regulator I could understand if you had a high-lift camshaft.

Like I said, check your fuel pressure at idle. It should be 38 psi.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Fuel pressure is a big one... make sure that regulator is good, and maybe change out that pump for another brand. Honestly, I never heard of that brand. Walbro is what most people use, and the stock pump works just fine in most cases.

It could also be a power issue. Try replacing the distributor, and everything inside of it. It'll be money, but worth it. It's old enough to warrant a replacement anyway.

Also, when you swapped the head on, are you SURE everything was lined up properly? All timing marks are where they should be? If you're just a little off, it could make a big difference.

Also, how about your ignition timing? Have you checked that?

Comment

Yea as has been posted, check your fuel pressure.

No there isnt any tuning involved with his setup.

If you expecting this much from those bolts ons, you might want to look into a swap, boost, or juice.

The F series motors are awesome and do breathe easier with the bolts on and changes mentioned, esp with the a6 head but it only takes you so far.

Comment

Also, it really SHOULDN'T rev past the redline. It can, and people do... but it's not a fantastic idea. Aside from the engine design, these engines are OLD! If your bottom end is bone stock and original, as well as those valve springs... you can't expect them to hold out with that kind of abuse!

Comment

lol most people revving to 7500 rpm are not running f22a. ONly a few rev that high. For one a pt6 wont even let you rev to 7500. And most people have at least a cam to back it up with a tuned ecu to rev there.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I've been reading more and more that valve adjustment is key as far as maintaining the power levels that the car had originally if nothing else.

My Mom's bone stock F22a4 had a valve adjustment right before we got it and it definitely was much quicker than my I/H/E F22a1.

I know that the I/H/E on my car gave me more than enough HP to equalize the motors as far as that's concerned. However, I hadn't adjusted my valves in the 50,000 miles I owned the car.

Comment

reving the motor, while in neutral, not while your shifting gears (driving) is what i meant. the car ran like poop in before the bolt ons. had a little stutter and also my reving was way slower than everybody else. but anyway the car took a dump its parked until my stock oem fuel pump assembly gets in. i'm swapping the P O S thats in the tank. i wanna thank everyone for there help and replys.

Comment

You would rev as high as it would go in neutral? Are you nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            You would rev as high as it would go in neutral? Are you nuts?
                            or retarded one of those.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Neutral!?

Why?

That does not determine the potential or power of a car....it just gives you more things to fix.

Don't do that anymore.

OMFG.

Comment

Working...
                              X