Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loss of power

i have noticed that my car has lost hp? i have a 92 accord lx stock, except for my header back exhaust with a hi flow cat. and an intake.

i have played with the spark plug wires and im pretty sure they are put back right. i had apc blue wires 9.2mm and i just put back on my oem.

i also have oil in the spark plug holes and i kno all the spark plugs are in well. and i just replace the seals for the spark plug holes. my engine has a slight knock in it and the area around my belt is rather noisy.
    any suggestions on why i feel like i have lost hp?
    to get rid of the oil?
    and the noisey belt?

thank you. if i need to clear anything up let me kno.

head gasket could be for the oil issue...
    tighten them belts...

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Recheck, or replace those sparkplug seals. You may not have done it correctly. Your plugs should not have oil on them, and that would cause a power loss if the electrode gets wet.

The noise from your timing belt area... give a little more info there. If your belt is loose or got oil on it, it could be a major problem. Change it. It may not be tensioned correctly, which would account for the noise and power loss. Your valves may need an alignment, and if your belt is loose, it may have skipped a tooth... which would give you horrible timing.

I would replace all the seals and gaskets around the sparkplugs and valve cover, and change that timing belt. Just to be safe. It'll be cheaper and easier to do it now, than when you blow up your motor.

Comment

I think more information would be helpful. When did you start to feel loss of power, after changing the sparkplug wires, or before. Any check engine lights? When does the loss of power occur, at any certain RPM's, all the time? etc etc.

It sounds like you have several unrelated issues though.

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Agreed... there's more than one thing wrong, from the sounds of it.

Comment

when i race off the line it doesnt feel like its going like it used to just doesnt pull as much.

i have hit 125-130 in my car once. with oem spark plug wires. i put the racing ones in and when i got aaround 115 to 120 in 5th gear the car just like noticably drops hp like the car has a restricter on it. it would hit 115 in 5th gear and like shut down and i have to drop it back into 4th gear.

im pretty sure my car isn't leaking. there is snow on the ground here and i would be able to see if it was. i think i might have some how accidentally spilt oil into the spark plug ports. so i deffinatetly need to clean those out.

the belt just is really loud like well actually im guessing i need a new one because it makes a...its hard to discribe. you can hear the belt running obviously not normal noise. a little lounder. you can hear the pistons hit.

i was thinking on how to fix it by: cleaning the oil out of the ports. new spark plugs. new belt.

i was also wondering is it bad to have more anti freeze than water(for the radiator mixture)

if im not making sense let me kno please

Comment

So does it do the same thing driving at sensible speeds or does it only do it when the engine is at the peak of it's power band.

Comment

acceleration and peak

Comment

Are you referring to your timming belt? Have you replaced it recently? If so maybe it wasn't done right and your cam timming is off. Maybe you have a rod knock.

Sounds like your engine needs a major tune up. When you say you replaced the seals for the spark plug holes, did you replace the ones down below? or are you referring to the top ones. Anyways a little oil isn't going to hurt anything but you have bigger problems it sounds like.

And if you replaced the lower o-rings then you would of had to adjust your valve lash afterwards. If you don't adjust those within spec then you are asking for more problems.

And yes, antifreeze/ water should always be a 50/50 mix.

My swap thread
                  Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Start with a compression testand see where you stand.
                    2013 Volvo XC90 Wife's
                    2002 Volvo XC AWD Ocean Race Edition 1 of 650 made Son's
                    1995 Volvo 850 Turbo (project)
                    1982 2WD K5 Blazer On Bags (well half is) Mine
                    1995 Jeep Wrangler Mine

Comment

Working...
                    X