Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bootlegged Intake SPacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bootlegged Intake SPacer

hey guys, kinda falling asleep at my desk here...maybe that's part of my problem...

I'm in the middle of taking apart a spare iab plate, and I removed the four plates, and the vacuum pump...but the long shaft is still in there. It looks like nothing is truly holding it in, and there is some play in it, but I can't just simply pull it out, it won't budge...Anything I'm forgetting?

^^click it or ticket^^

yea maybe try a little harder on that knob thing on the opposite end of the vacuum diaphragm

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

that knob comes off?

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

I am in the process of doing this as well. I have mine almost done. I left the bar in the spacer. I don't think it will make a huge difference if I don't take it out will it?

Comment

On the opposite side of the shaft there is a cap that conceals a screw or a bolt (I don't remember). Use some pliers to get that off to see the screw, or bolt you need to take out.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

you can hammer the cap or use pliers. then take the screw/bolt off. (jeez I just did this sun and I cant remember either)

I JB welded the 2 holes and now I just need to find some longer bolts at work and order some gaskets.

How many ppl have put the spacers in and was there any difference? I have seen the dyno pics but numbers can always lie...

My car is stock other then removing the intake silancer and the h23 plenum/TB.

Comment

Originally posted by ATS666
              you can hammer the cap or use pliers. then take the screw/bolt off. (jeez I just did this sun and I cant remember either)

I JB welded the 2 holes and now I just need to find some longer bolts at work and order some gaskets.
              Heres mine I didn't take the bar out though. I had thought about it but I know JB weld is awesome and all but will it really hold? Thats the last thing I want is to have it come loose and go into my engine. Will the bar make that much of a difference if I leave it in? I'll try it out. I have everything but the gasket. I am still going to get the real spacer but i had an extra one of the IAB plates and figured I'd mess with it.

Comment

I've got some extras as well... I also want to get the real spacers, though.

I need to talk to the guy representing them on here. I really think they should be advertised a bit more! It's a fairly inexpensive mod with some pretty significant gains to be had!

Comment

I def agree.

Comment

Working...
                  X