Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Exhaust Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Help

Can you use the same size exhaust for both the f22 and the h22? I wanna add an exhaust to my car but have the f22 right now, but later wanna do a h22 swap. If the same exhaust can be used what is a good company to go with? Please add links they are helpful.
    Last edited by nappyd420; 02-17-2008, 01:30 AM.
    Leaving the game!

i think the piping needs to be longer but you can always add more later

Comment

ill tell u when i do my swap next week =)

Comment

With a basically bone-stock F22A, you'll get good results with a 2.25" exhaust system. The increased performance of the H22A gets better results with a 2.5" system.
        ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
        '93 EX 5-speed coupe
        Short ram intake
        Tenrai Himoto catback
        Smashed front end
        Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
          With a basically bone-stock F22A, you'll get good results with a 2.25" exhaust system. The increased performance of the H22A gets better results with a 2.5" system.

so i should really wait until i get the h22a? I really do not want to do any performance mods until get that motor. Maybe I will work on the rest of my suspension for now. I am getting the Function Type 2 they are in the mail.
          Leaving the game!

Comment

Good advice from Camurai. I have a 2.5" from the collector all the way back do dual mufflers. H22a

Comment

Originally posted by nappyd420
              so i should really wait until i get the h22a? I really do not want to do any performance mods until get that motor. Maybe I will work on the rest of my suspension for now. I am getting the Function Type 2 they are in the mail.

Go ahead and work on your suspension. If you find a good deal on an cat-back system you like, go ahead and get a 2.5" so you don't have to buy a new exhaust when you swap motors.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex
                Go ahead and work on your suspension. If you find a good deal on an cat-back system you like, go ahead and get a 2.5" so you don't have to buy a new exhaust when you swap motors.

That just what I was thinking. The only thing i was told was you lose a little bit of low end power.
                Leaving the game!

Comment

Hi to all...

I have a stock unmodified F20A under the hood.What i would like to know is the original piping diameter for our CBs,cos mine currently running at 2" from the stock header until the muffler,some of my friends said it has been changed already.

So,if i want to change my exhaust system,what is the best piping diameter to go with my stock 2.0L engine?And,does the size of the muffler will affect the car performance?

Thank you.
                  -My Member Ride thread-
                  -JL store-

Comment

for an f20 id say a 2.25" is probably best unless u are going to turbo and its not just the size of the muffler but the way it flows also. but remember its only a 4 cylinder so a new exhaust wont give u 50hp

Comment

just get a cut out.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

icic...anyone else has suggestion?
                        -My Member Ride thread-
                        -JL store-

Comment

ive also heard that all u need to do to get an h22 header to bolt up to an f22 exhaust system is just take the flex pipe off of the f22 header downpipe??? might that work?

Comment

Working...
                          X