Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car dieing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car dieing

ok well my friend was driving her car and they just replaced the fuel pump and regulator.
    it died at an intersection and not it doesnt start at all.
    she says when u go to turn it on it sounds like its out of gas even though it isnt.

i havnt looked at is yet but i will be this weekend so ill have more info then.

Originally posted by moe
    ok well my friend was driving her car and they just replaced the fuel pump and regulator.
    it died at an intersection and not it doesnt start at all.
    she says when u go to turn it on it sounds like its out of gas even though it isnt.

i havnt looked at is yet but i will be this weekend so ill have more info then.
    my moms taurus did that. it turned out to be the starter

Comment

really?
      the starter will make it die at an intersection?

also she said it doesnt turn on when its been left in the sun? i have no idea if this will matter or not.

O also i guess it has some ghetto ass kill switch and if i can i plan on disabling it.
      Last edited by moe; 02-15-2008, 05:14 PM.

Comment

sounds like a main relay issue on the second part if it left out in the sun for a period of time. the relay gets hot and wont start.

Comment

ok i thought it was a main relay but i havnt been able to look at it yet.

it could very well need both the main relay and a starter lol god knows the last time it has a good tune up

Comment

My other cb7 wouldn't start and we changed the starter on it. Then found out it was the main realy

Comment

yeh check and c if u have power getting to the fuel pump when cranking, if not then its prolly the main realy, if yes and u have no fuel pressure mayb she just got a bad pump...its happened to me more than once
              Lost Motion Inc. Repair and Performance Automotive

Comment

Working...
              X