Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What the HE77 is "JDM"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the HE77 is "JDM"

I recently purchased my CB7 but have not owned a Honda since a 1970 Civic I bought in 1975 and owned for about 3 years. I keep seeing JDM this JDM that. What exactly is JDM?
    Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Japanese domestic market
    its liked United States domestic market but its "better" because its from japan, or it looks better, its a tastes but its also a fad that is very big right now.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
      Japanese domestic market
      OK, thanks. So if it's from Japan it can be called JDM. It seem like there are a lot of parts listed as JDM that are from questionable sources. Has this term become generic? How do you tell if a part is really JDM? It's my understanding that imported goods have to have the country of origin marked on the item or the packaging.

"
      Last edited by Old School; 02-15-2008, 05:51 AM.
      Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Yeah a lot of things are called jdm but arnt, you'll learn whats jdm and not, most people who use it use it as a stlye, like amber corners most says its jdm but its not, things like G square, bride, momo, apexi are just a few jdm company's, just look at memebers rides and you'll see whats jdm is.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

It's not generic, but it is seriously abused. EVERY cheap crap part on ebay is "JDM" according to the seller... right down to the clear corner lights, mesh grille inserts, and colored door moldings. If it was sold in Japan, it's JDM. That's all it means. People assume that anything JDM is better, more exclusive, and performs better... and that is very often far from the truth! However, parts from the JDM versions of our cars can be a subtle way of setting them apart from the masses, which is kinda cool. Rather than a flashy body kit, you can have a JDM bumper

Also, EDM is becoming popular... that's European. CB Accords in Europe had some different stuff from the US and Japanese models as well.

Comment

deev pretty much sumed it up for ya..

Comment

and to add on Deevs statement, some parts that are truely JDN, are actually good. Like the japenese version of some engines have a larger diameter exhaust manifold, or longer runner son their intake, etc. etc. Since Japan has different emission laws and safety laws than ourselves. Same goes for Europe.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Hasn't JDM been around for a long time anyway. Its like I will make my car look clean but JDM. Screw all these body kits, and other mods, let's keep it clean and JDM.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky1969
                  Hasn't JDM been around for a long time anyway. Its like I will make my car look clean but JDM. Screw all these body kits, and other mods, let's keep it clean and JDM.

You could say that it's been around since Japan...
                  1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    CB Accords in Europe had some different stuff from the US and Japanese models as well.
                    Like headlight washers...
                    ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                    '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                    Short ram intake
                    Tenrai Himoto catback
                    Smashed front end
                    Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Yeah, I hate when my headlights get dirty... I can't see anything! Oh, wait... no... that's not true.

The bumper pole has more functionality! (in Japan, it really does...)

And yeah, JDM has been around since the first thing that was ever sold in Japan. JDM slaves. JDM rice. JDM sandals. JDM prostitutes. JDM paperclips. Hell, I hear they even wear JDM socks over there!

Comment

I think UK-Accord is the "Most EDM" accord on the site....not sure about who has the "most JDM" accord, but yeah.

I may be wrong or leave a few things out, but i think some true JDM parts of our cars were:
                        Bumper Poles
                        Rear Fogs(Europe??)
                        PFM(power folding mirrors)
                        Headlight washers(??)

Not sure about things like fogs, intersection lights, flushies,

What was the Uni-wiper EDM??

Some will argue over what is "TRUE" JDM. Some dont care...

I like the fact that our accords are just now starting to edge out in the light so it possible to have a one-of-a-kind accord in your town/city

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

You guys posted some funny stuff. LOL.
                          Yeah, JDM has been around since Japan herself.
                          Haven't Accords always been a car that people like to fix up? I mean my buddies have been fixing CBs since the mid 90's. Just figured I would throw that in.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky1969
                            You guys posted some funny stuff. LOL.
                            Yeah, JDM has been around since Japan herself.
                            Haven't Accords always been a car that people like to fix up? I mean my buddies have been fixing CBs since the mid 90's. Just figured I would throw that in.
                            Accord tuners have always been a bit of a rare breed. It's always been far more popular to modify Civics, which is why you see them everywhere.
                            ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                            '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                            Short ram intake
                            Tenrai Himoto catback
                            Smashed front end
                            Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

There are only a few truly oldschool CB tuners that I know offhand... people that have been in it since these cars were 5 years old or less... 2point6, AccordSiR, PrimoCB7, doughboy (modded it the day he drove it off the Honda lot in 92!)

The Accord isn't a very popular tuner car. It's heavier than a Civic, still FWD, and doesn't look very sporty. As we all know, the CB has plenty of potential (it weighs about the same as the current Civic, and with the dirt-simple H22 swap, it's just as powerful) It's not the first thing that comes to mind for most people, though!

Comment

Working...
                              X