Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22 headers or h22 headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Djmoua
    Really? Hows that?
    i think because of it's tubular design unlike the A1 and 6's cast design.

Comment

never heard of obx but will look into it

_UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION_
      My Precious Toy
      Swap Thread
      916 Cb7
      "92Ex KT"My New Addition[W.I.P]
      "93Dx KT"SOLD

Comment

Dont fit. Sorry.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Also if you want gains, buy an f22a4 or f22a6 header (stock). Youre suppose to feel a difference. I personally never did it. I did an A1 on an A4 block and it felt slower haha.

I needed a header bad though.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

The A4 header is tubular, and has a better design than the A1 manifold. The A6 manifold has the same design as the A4 header, but is a cast manifold... not much of a difference, other than looks.

And you've never heard of OBX? Wow... they're the BIGGEST knockoff brand out there! They used to be garbage, but they've gotten much better lately.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              The A4 header is tubular, and has a better design than the A1 manifold. The A6 manifold has the same design as the A4 header, but is a cast manifold... not much of a difference, other than looks.
              And weight, if that means anything. Cast iron is HEAVY.
              ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
              '93 EX 5-speed coupe
              Short ram intake
              Tenrai Himoto catback
              Smashed front end
              Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                And you've never heard of OBX? Wow... they're the BIGGEST knockoff brand out there! They used to be garbage, but they've gotten much better lately.
                You've been brainwashed!!!!! I still feel you get what you pay for. If you get a DC you get good sound quality, good looks, and a long lasting part. My old obx header had the flex pipe rip apart in less than 3 months, looked like hell, and my exhaust sounded like a rice bomb. I put on a DC sports and everything was better. Best 400 i ever spent.

Anyway, I would go with the A4 header and downpipe. It is a header, its quiet and the heat sheild goes on. I like an engine bay with a heat shield over the header, looks cleaner.
                vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

now that's a deal

Comment

Originally posted by arcadiacb7
                    You've been brainwashed!!!!! I still feel you get what you pay for. If you get a DC you get good sound quality, good looks, and a long lasting part. My old obx header had the flex pipe rip apart in less than 3 months, looked like hell, and my exhaust sounded like a rice bomb. I put on a DC sports and everything was better. Best 400 i ever spent.

Anyway, I would go with the A4 header and downpipe. It is a header, its quiet and the heat sheild goes on. I like an engine bay with a heat shield over the header, looks cleaner.
                    True. For sound and durability, I suppose DC is better. They don't really make a significant amount of power to justify the cost, IMO. I'd rather get a cheap knockoff... or just hold out for the Bisimoto.

Comment

Originally posted by ktcb7
                      ive thought about upgrading to ex bolt ons but everytime i go to the junkyard nothing left for good
                      Dont bother with getting JY stuff for exhaust headers. Headers warp over time, if you take them off, they warp more, when you take off the header to a car, 90% of the time it needs to be sent to a machine shop to be re-surfaced, and they charge more then the header is worth. Buy a new one.
                      90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                      2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Me personally I prefer the factory header but it is quite uncommon around here. 90-91 ex models just don't get wrecked, modded or blown up so we don't see them in JY's too much. I didn't pay a full 4 hundred but i rounded a little because i bought some other stuff too. I found a new DC sports on EBay for $310 shipped. Sorry i can't post the link because i just clicked buy it now about 20 minutes ago. Sorry but there are more out there.

But go for the stock. It is a much better bang for your buck than the DC, apexi or whatever.
                        vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Working...
                        X