Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 top end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 top end

will an h22 head fit on my f22a block

yes, but with modification. An oil passage somewhere on the block need to be pluged.

Comment

The F22 bottom end will provide a significantly lower compression ratio, and isn't designed to rev as high as the H22 head requires to make power. It can be done, but most F22A bottom ends have many miles on them...

If you want an H22, get an H22. If you can get a good deal on that head, then find an h22 block to go with it.

Comment

yeah, it prob. wont be the same a full h22, but i understand. for me, $2500 it out of the question for my accord. an h22 will never happen for me. $2500 it almost 2 months of rent. Ill do the head swap if i can find the head for a decent price.

Comment

h22 top end

i found a hole motor 4 $500 but it needs a head gasket dudes got the head off and i dont know if it ran im just going by what this guy told me

Comment

you have to pay to play.

find alternative sources or methods to come up with the money. look around, it doesnt cost that much for a h22 swap.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

A full motor from a quality importer like hmotorsonline.com is expensive. Worth it, because you can be fairly confident that it'll be in good condition. However, you can find cheaper ones. There are JDM resellers that have significantly lower prices. Ebay has lower prices. US junkyards (hard to find one there) have lower prices. Or you could just piece one together. It'll take time, and it won't be extremely cheap... but you'll have a new motor if you do it right.

You either have to pay for it, work for it, or get lucky.

Doing the headswap won't get any significant gains. Doing that is like slapping on a tiny turbo because it's cheaper. You won't make the power you want, and you'll just be ruining a perfectly good engine.

I admit, I'm biased against headswaps... I think they're an awful idea... But, I have my reasons.

Comment

your more likely to find a h22 from a 5th gen

Comment

Seems like there are a lot of people lately looking to swap an H22 head onto their F22A bottom end. The H22A head isn't a magic silver bullet. Two of the main reasons the H22A makes such great power are high compression and high RPM, both of which are pretty much negated by swapping it onto an F22A bottom end. Stick with the F22A. For the same money that it would cost you to swap that H22A head onto it, you can mod it to make about the same amount of power with stock reliability and run it on 87 octane regular fuel, and it's a much better package for around town driving.
                  ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                  '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                  Short ram intake
                  Tenrai Himoto catback
                  Smashed front end
                  Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

I just had to buy a motor through the shop for a swap. It was 1800 for an h22a4 long block with 44k on it. Consider the price of an h22a long block from hmotors. and yeah. You get the idea.
                    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Still, you got a newer USDM motor... no emissions issues, not as old as an OBD1 motor, and I assume you can trust the mileage... there are benefits. Still 1800 will get you the motor, trans, and ecu from hmotors... and they're one of the pricier places.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Still, you got a newer USDM motor... no emissions issues, not as old as an OBD1 motor, and I assume you can trust the mileage... there are benefits. Still 1800 will get you the motor, trans, and ecu from hmotors... and they're one of the pricier places.

Exactly. I was just referencing that to people that said h-motors was expensive. There are cheaper alternatives. But do you really want to have issues with your swap and spend mad loot trying to fix shit that you shouldn't have to deal with in the first place.
                        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Exactly. Buying a cheap motor, or piecing together a cheap motor, is like buying a cheap car in questionable condition. The initial investment may be small, but over time, it'll cost you more... and be less satisfying.

I spent nearly $5000 total for my H22 swap back in 2003, after all parts and labor (I paid to have it done... I really regret that now!). The shop I went to did a bit of a hack job, but it's been working well enough. The motor came from hmotorsonline, and it's still in very good condition. The only issues with it at the moment are due to my own stupidity... and it's holding up to that quite well also! I've known people to get cheaper motors elsewhere and have them fail due to no apparent fault of their own.

As for headswaps... even the guys that really know what they're doing have had one or two fail on them. If you're doing it for the sake of doing it... and doing it to a project car... then by all means, knock yourself out. If you're doing it to your only car, in an attempt to get some cheap, easy power... you are sorely mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                          X